What's new

Yes!!! Trey Burke!! Don't Mess This Up Corbin!!! What A Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm exceptionally pleased with this pick. He appears to be a "high character" guy and most likely will become the team leader. It's been a long time since I've been on here but with Sloan coming back, Malone working out Favors and now a Burke it feels like the Jazz have finally come out of the D-Will/Boozer hang over and have figured out who they are again at least in the front office and are going back to our roots.

We are a proud organization with a great history here. I'd still love to see a coaching change but let's give the "Core 5" 35 to 40 mins a game and see what we've got at the end of the season, I'm willing to bet that it will be a great foundation for the next 7 to 10 years, hopefully we have some deep playoff runs and even some Finals runs in us at that point, '89-'98 was a fun time to be a Jazz fan. I'm hoping that 2013-2021 takes it to those same heights and higher!

I look at this draft and the #14 & 21 picks that we had and all I can think is that, had we pulled the trigger on those picks, I would've felt the same way I've often felt when the Jazz had picks just like that: "Ehhh. I guess they'll be good." I'm glad I don't have to feel like that this year.

Trey Burke is a fine player, though I would've also been good with the Jazz ending up with CJ McCollum instead. I think they'll both be really good. How much will it cost Burke to get #3 off of the junkyard dog?

Great pick. Exciting times. We'll see how free agency pans out. The Jazz roster very well could be SIGNIFICANTLY different next season. Shedding salary and going with the youth movement might very well be the corner that they have fortuitously been backed into. If so, good for us.
Bazz or Giannis (don't make me spell his last name) and Dieng or Plumlee (or Gobert) had the Jazz held their picks and done nothing. And still a glaring need at PG! Instead, the Jazz come away with a very good PG and still nab their third big. Get Gobert working with Malone after summer league. And in between book tours, please have Stockton tutor Burke. On paper, this was a stellar draft. Obviously, we could wind up with duds. But at least the Jazz FO made some bold moves. I applaud them!

I kinda want to see Evans and Gumby (Gobert, whatever his name is) in the game at the same time for a few minutes. Should be a nice block fest!

I referenced in a thread earlier this week that Rich Sheubrooks of the Jazz mentioned that there was an international player in this draft that they were in love with that everyone is sleeping on.

I guess Gobert was that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.