What's new

Yet another Christian hypocrite

jimmy eat jazz

So, it turns out that yet another family values Christian type has been revealed incapable of keeping it in his pants: https://www.thedailybeast.com/artic...asketball-coach-after-affair-with-player.html

Makes one wonder whether, given the number of hypocrites among Christian family value types, these pious moralizers might one day realize that perhaps, just perhaps, they should focus on the beam in their own eyes before railing on incessantly about the motes in others' eyes (as the deity they claim to love, revere and follow has counseled them).

More annoying yet than constantly being lectured to by self-righteous moralizers on appropriate sexual mores is being constantly lectured to by self-righteous hypocritical moralizers on appropriate sexual mores.

The Christian right's obsession with sex, both getting it for themselves and trying to deny it to others, is so tedious and tiresome by now. How about just STFU and let other people live their lives as they see fit?

How about just STFU and let other people live their lives as they see fit?

You posting this and ending with this question is the exact thing you're complaining about. Nothing better than telling someone else to shut up and leave others alone immediately after posting a three paragraph essay about why they should do the same thing.

News Flash: Hypocrites come in every flavor. You choose to pay specific attention to Christians because that's your axe of choice.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

News Flash: Hypocrites come in every flavor. You choose to pay specific attention to Christians because that's your axe of choice.

He chooses to pay attention because they stand on stage and with a megaphone, blurt out their holier than thou ******** for the whole world to hear.

I am of a mind that this is either a poor mans knockoff atheist copycat of AKMVP or a sad Christian hating Muslim.

What is your point in dignifying such foul with a response?

Lol sections of the left do the same thing according to their values and morals.

Haha.

You posting this and ending with this question is the exact thing you're complaining about. Nothing better than telling someone else to shut up and leave others alone immediately after posting a three paragraph essay about why they should do the same thing.

Let's see, the people I am referring to:

1. Actively work to limit the civil liberties/rights of gays and make enshrine discrimination against them in the legal code.
2. Actively work to limit women's reproductive rights and access to reproductive services.
3. Actively use public soapboxes to preach to and condemn society about its various sins,mostly related to sexual mores
4. Actively work to take over school boards so as to incorporate religious dogma and anti/pseudo science into public school curriculum
5. Actively agitate against Muslims and seek to limit their civil liberties/rights, including the building of places of worship
6. Actively support punitive immigration laws/policies
7. Actively seek to chip away at the wall separating church from state
8. Consistently portray themselves as the moral exemplars of society
9. Actively seek to wrest control of the political process from secular society
10. Are among this country's most ardent supporters of torture as a public policy
11. Believe (some of them at least) that Christians are destined to rule America.
12. Consistently seek to impose their religious beliefs on non-believers via law and policy.

While, I on the other hand, have written a post on a discussion board pointing out their hypocrisy and that, so many who claim to be our moral superiors, are not, in fact, such.

Yep, I am exactly the same as them.

Nice catch.

No, I choose to pay specific attention to Christians because they are actively working to impose their religious dogma on the rest of society through public policies and law. They are, in my opinion, the single greatest regressive, anti-democratic political force in America today. Part of their justification for doing so is their claim of moral superiority by way of divine sanction from the Creator of the Universe. Given this I think it is important to unmask their hypocrisies and illiberal tendencies (e.g, restricting freedom of thought or behavior)wherever possible.

Do you feel like it's all Christians, and they are the only people who do it?

Nope, definitely not all Christians. Just those who are seeking to break down the wall separating Church and State via laws and public policies and who are seeking, via the same laws and public policies, to impose a narrow, intolerant religious dogma on society. These are mainly the politically active Evangelical Christians. I have no problem with any religious group or believer that is content to live their religious views and to allow others to live as they see fit. It is only those who are not content to let their religious beliefs inform their own lives but who seek further to impose those beliefs on others that I have problems with.

Let's see, the people I am referring to:

1. Actively work to limit the civil liberties/rights of gays and make enshrine discrimination against them in the legal code.
2. Actively work to limit women's reproductive rights and access to reproductive services.
3. Actively use public soapboxes to preach to and condemn society about its various sins,mostly related to sexual mores
4. Actively work to take over school boards so as to incorporate religious dogma and anti/pseudo science into public school curriculum
5. Actively agitate against Muslims and seek to limit their civil liberties/rights, including the building of places of worship
6. Actively support punitive immigration laws/policies
7. Actively seek to chip away at the wall separating church from state
8. Consistently portray themselves as the moral exemplars of society
9. Actively seek to wrest control of the political process from secular society
10. Are among this country's most ardent supporters of torture as a public policy
11. Believe (some of them at least) that Christians are destined to rule America.
12. Consistently seek to impose their religious beliefs on non-believers via law and policy.

While, I on the other hand, have written a post on a discussion board pointing out their hypocrisy and that, so many who claim to be our moral superiors, are not, in fact, such.

Yep, I am exactly the same as them.

Nice catch.
I'm not saying you are exactly like them. I pointed out the irony in you calling them hypocrites and telling them to shut up and leave others alone after complaining about ten doing the wake thing.
But keep overreacting with your "they're evil and out to get us" shtick. It's probably working great for you.

Gasp! Human beings are hypocrites!

My pastor always had a good retort to people who said they didn't go to church because there were too many hypocrites there. "Well there's always room for one more!"

Anyways, it's sad this guy cheated on his wife, and wrong. Taking joy in his mistakes...that's wrong too.

My pastor always had a good retort to people who said they didn't go to church because there were too many hypocrites there. "Well there's always room for one more!"

Anyways, it's sad this guy cheated on his wife, and wrong. Taking joy in his mistakes...that's wrong too.

Great post. I told [MENTION=3213]Cunning Linguist[/MENTION] this yesterday and he got offended. One think I have noticed is every poster here is preachy and hypocritical. Jazzfanz has unlocked an aspect of humanity to me.

Yes, we are all hypocrites. But, not all of us hypocrites are seeking to impose our narrow-minded, intolerant religious beliefs on society (even if we don't follow them ourselves) via laws and policies justified by our claims or moral superiority owing to divine approbation. That's a critical and obvious distinction you overlook.

Anytime anyone or any group seeking power over others owing to claimed moral superiority/divine attribution, then we have an absolute right to critically examine not only their beliefs but the claimed divine authority for those beliefs. Pervasive acts of hypocrisy among such persons/groups signal to us the degree to which we should take such beliefs and claims of divine authority seriously.

I don't take joy in others' mistakes (or at least try not to), but I do take pleasure when those seeking power over others on the basis of divine authority are unmasked.

Yes, we are all hypocrites. But, not all of us hypocrites are seeking to impose our narrow-minded, intolerant religious beliefs on society (even if we don't follow them ourselves) via laws and policies justified by our claims or moral superiority owing to divine approbation. That's a critical and obvious distinction you overlook.

Anytime anyone or any group seeking power over others owing to claimed moral superiority/divine attribution, then we have an absolute right to critically examine not only their beliefs but the claimed divine authority for those beliefs. Pervasive acts of hypocrisy among such persons/groups signal to us the degree to which we should take such beliefs and claims of divine authority seriously.

I don't take joy in others' mistakes (or at least try not to), but I do take pleasure when those seeking power over others on the basis of divine authority are unmasked.

Take out "religious" and yes they are.

But then that's your beef. Not that they are trying to control everything, as you're not railing against those people, but that they are doing it with religion. It's not the what, its the why.

Have fun JEJ.

Telling people to stay out of other people's bedrooms is not the same thing as telling people what to do in their bedrooms. Not equivalent

Telling people to stay out of other people's bedrooms is not the same thing as telling people what to do in their bedrooms. Not equivalent
The only thing my comment was based on was the irony in the OP telling others to shut up and mind their own business after he railed on them. Not his beliefs. I couldn't care less what his thoughts about Christians are. Just the hypocrisy he exhibited.