What's new

You are Ty Corbin...What do you do different?

timmy

I start by giving the young uns more PT....namely Fes, Hayward and Evans. Less Sap and Al playing together.

I **** my pants.

Then, I start practicing defensive drills, and I start encouraging the team to get out in transition more, rather than be passive-aggressive about it. I make the bigs run more conditioning drills because getting up and down the floor with your bigs is so underrated, it's ridiculous.

As far as the offense, I would talk to the team and ask them what kind of offense they would like to run. Obviously a high screen-roll offense is the easiest thing to implement, and then build around that.

I would make a trade to get a shooter. I would start Fess and move Millsap to the bench. We need the scoring and then I would play Hayward and Evans off the bench. Which ever players are playing the best and looking at the matchups I play the best five guys to finish the game.

D-Will - Watson - Price
Bell - Miles - Hayward
Miles - AK - Hayward - Evans
Jefferson - Millsap
Fesenko - Elson - Okur

Fesenko needs to play and needs consistent playing time. We need to play big. but we also need 3 point shooting on the court with this front court. Miles and Bell are the best 3 point shooters we have. Hayward is not proven yet.

Miles picks up the scoring slack that we lose with Millsap going to the bench.

Millsap should still play 30 minutes a game. Depending on who we play is who should get more minutes Millsap or Fesenko.

But Fesenko should be playing 25-30 minutes a night. That is the first change.

If we get a opportunity to trade Millsap for a legit wing player than pull the trigger. Move AK to play more PF.

Oh, and for ****'s sake, don't put Price on the floor under any circumstances. Dude has been absolutely horrendous this year.

Oh, and for ****'s sake, don't put Price on the floor under any circumstances. Dude has been absolutely horrendous this year.

Agreed!

Some things I have been calling for for years even when most fans disagreed.

Play Fesenko
Trade Okur
Stop Playing Price
Deron needs to stop shooting so much. Let AK run part of the offense.
Miles needs to get to the free throw line.

Hopefully Corbin enforces some of these things. I hated price even when most Jazz fans loved his dunks and hustle 3 years ago.

I agree Fes needs some more burn, but starting him? I don't think he is that good. Get him some more PT, see how he does, but I don't think Sap should lose his starting spot just because Fes has recently played pretty well in limited minutes.

I agree Fes needs some more burn, but starting him? I don't think he is that good. Get him some more PT, see how he does, but I don't think Sap should lose his starting spot just because Fes has recently played pretty well in limited minutes.

Yeah, I agree with this. I really don't see what's wrong with the Jefferson/Sap combo that people complain about. They both defend well and they both can play well together on the offensive end. It's good to have options on the floor like that.

And Fes plays himself off the floor just as often as he deserves to stay on it. I say put him in the rotation solidly rather than having his minutes wildly fluctuate. If anything, we need more scoring on our first unit, rather than more defense. I'd say start CJ in place of Bell, if anything.

Well of course you start by starting Fesenko and playing him until he fouls out. And then when the 2nd quarter starts... well I haven't thought that far in advance.

Fire Scott Layden; considering The Utah FO probably offered Layden the head coaching job first; you don't want that kind of vibe hovering around.

End the Ronnie Price experiment: he is not going to morph into a SG or a PG. Replace him with a shooter.

Without reading any other posts, here's my two and a half cents:

- Try out a different starting lineup (move Millsap to the bench; start Fesenko and/or start Hayward or Miles instead of Kirilenko).
- Try to implement some new offense.
- Work extra hard on defense and conditioning in practice.
- Don't be super-strict on the players (players will have their bad games and make mistakes but don't jump on them for it. Instead, be optimistic and encourage them to forget about the bad ones and focus on doing better next time out).
- Work the players' asses off.
- Tell the players to have fun. This game is supposed to be fun.

That about sums it up.

I don't think we will see much of a difference if any to start. For sure the same lineups and main substitutions for 10 games or so. I think he will then start to make a lot of substitution changes and 2nd unit lineups. i think he will play Jeremy more because hes worked with him so much and talks so highly of him, and I'm not just saying that because I want to see more Jeremy.

f anyone watches the summer league games you see how different and unconventional his lineups are, especially compared to Scotties. Scotty does the lineups you'd expect Jerry to do, and Tys are always dramatically different. Ty would also usually win his sumer league games when he was head coach and Scotty would lose his.

Don't expect much of a change in the philosophies or plays, Corbin played them, and has been a coach of Jerrys system. What else does he know to do?

Try to get Deron to like me? (kidding, kidding!)

Strategicaly, less UCLA sets, more side pick-and-roll and more direct cross-screen action and postups early in the shotclock.

Rotation-wise, more regular minutes for Fes off the bench, more Hayward, less Price.

Overall, I expect to see an immediate boost in the level of play during these last 3 games before the all-star break, and for atleast a week or so after. Team (esp Deron) will come out with alot of energy. Whether Utah can maintain that heading into the playoffs will come down to Ty Corbin.

Agreed!

Some things I have been calling for for years even when most fans disagreed.

Play Fesenko
Trade Okur
Stop Playing Price
Deron needs to stop shooting so much. Let AK run part of the offense.
Miles needs to get to the free throw line.

Hopefully Corbin enforces some of these things. I hated price even when most Jazz fans loved his dunks and hustle 3 years ago.

Does that mean he misses a jumper every time he touches the ball?