What's new

Your New Jazz Back Court

Sup bro, long time no see!!

Yeah but Conley's been more injured lately than most players in the league. I don't think he finished last season healthy IIRC.
I just read an article that said he has missed very few games during his entire career, that 2017 was his first significant injury and that he was healthy last year -- had his best season statistically on offense. Did you see him play? I didn't at the end of the season but he was healthy all year as far as I know. Stock played till he was 41 and was at the top of his game at 35. Conley has been very careful about his conditioning throughout his career. Guess I could look it up to check if he was injured at the end of the season because I didn't.

Stock played till he was 41 and was at the top of his game at 35. Conley has been very careful about his conditioning throughout his career. Guess I could look it up to check if he was injured at the end of the season because I didn't.

Well, we could have the second coming of the Stockton and Malone pick in roll.....in addition to actually having a center that can handle the ball without hands of stone and a much better supporting cast! The potential for this offense is sky high and the defense is already better than any Stockton and Malone played for. With that in mind most teams will have to bring there A game just to stay in the game against this Jazz team.....and the chances that this Jazz team leads the league in 20 point wins is even odds!

Pretty sure that’s the trainer...
I love Donovan. So glad the Nuggets are dumbasses. Freaking gave us a franchise player for the low, low cost of Trey Lyles.

Even if the Jazz elect to keep Favors/Exum instead of going after a “big” free agent, watch and see how many Room MLE guys talk about being interested in Utah in the coming weeks. Then look at how many minimum salary guys consider Utah (especially with open roles that need to be filled.) And then keep an eye on the buyout guys that are considering coming to Utah after the trade deadline to chase a ring.

Could be a very different reality for the Jazz going forward here for awhile.

Great combo. I'd like to imagine Mitchell turning his head towards D more with Conley leading an mentoring him. I think he will be a highly offensively talented two-way shooting guard. I wish Conley had 4 more years in him.

The Offensive winshares Conley adds over Rubio's presence is remarkable.
Conley 5.7 in 70 games against Rubio 0.9 in 68 games.
He averaged about 10 more points with 6 more shots a game in about 5 more minutes a game.
Conley also is 200th in Career Win Shares in the history of NBA & ABA, making him top players like Kawhi Leonard, Jimi Butler, Paul George and Serge Ibaka.

Retro stats perspective: While Conley is ranked so high amongst all the players that ever played pro basketball in the US, let's look at the score line of some other Jazzmen:

200th...Conley: 71.41 in 25,700 minutes of action
6th:...Stockton: 207.70 in 47,764 minutes of action
3rd:...Malone: 234.63 in 54,852 minutes of action.

Last edited:
The Offensive winshares Conley adds over Rubio's presence is remarkable.
Conley 5.7 in 70 games against Rubio 0.9 in 68 games.
He averaged about 10 more points with 6 more shots a game.
Rubio (who is an amazing person) was always an imperfect fit. Conley should thrive in this situation. It’s a great fit in terms of both skill set and personality.

You wanna hear negative? how about the fact that we have one of the smallest backcourts in the nba..........

has me worried a bit.

What is the standing reach of our backcourt compared to others? What about the vertical of our backcourt?

Why is their height an issue? Do players shoot over either of them often? Are they subpar defenders? Do they struggle to get their shot off against taller players?

Umm Curry is 6'3" and Thompson is 6'7". Conley is 6'1" and Mitchell is 6'3".
That was a terrible comparison tbh.

One thing in the Jazz favor is that both guys are solidly built players with long wingspans. Still not ideal, but I don’t really question the Jazz ability to defend with two solid defenders at guard and Gobert/Favors defending the rim.

Even though he’s smaller, Conley is a better defender than any of Burke, Burks, Hood, Neto, Mack, Hill, or Rubio. Exum (when he’s really on his game) might be better, but hasn’t shown he can do it at a high level and stay healthy for long stretches.

Conley is an upgrade. Period. The Jazz absolutely should be focusing on building the best 8 man squad they can for the playoffs.

Somehow if a guys neck or forehead is 2" taller than the next guys, that's more important.

Pah. Gimme wingspan all day erry day.

Sup bro, long time no see!!

Yeah but Conley's been more injured lately than most players in the league. I don't think he finished last season healthy IIRC.

Some of that end of season injury bug might have been mild case of Tankitus. Seemed to have worked out for them. . .