What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

Hot take in 3...2....1.....

If we don’t sign Harris, this offseason is a complete failure, sure it would be fun and cool and ground breaking if the jazz signed Kemba or Russell, but neither are winning us a title. With Harris we have a shot. Kemba provides us what we already have for the most part, Harris gives us what we lack, spacing at the 4, and playmaking, and replaces what jingles gives once Father Time takes his game

Kemba gives us play making as well as a second scorer.

Sounds like he’s off the board but your take isn’t a good one.

I assume there actually isn't any truth to this tweet. However, let's say Blake Griffin were actually on the trade block because Detroit wants to clear space and start over. Do we think there's any viable offer the Jazz could make that would be appealing? One aspect I think is that the Jazz could have cap space to absorb Griffin's contract without really having to send any salary back.
The deal would likely include the Jazz just taking on salary, sending our 2019, maybe 2020 1st rounders, and maybe Grayson Allen or Dante Exum.

Good post. I think our ability to completely absorb Griffin would entice Detroit, but I think we would have to give more assets than just 1 pick and taking his salary.

If Atlanta wants him, they definitely can get him. They have tons of assets.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

All he gives us is a second scorer, but we don’t need to sign someone to the max to get a second scorer

To get the level of scorer and playmaker (like Harris, Kemba is both) we need we do. Or at least close to it.

Welcome to the 2019 NBA. Multiple stars are needed.

To get the level of scorer and playmaker (like Harris, Kemba is both) we need we do. Or at least close to it.

Welcome to the 2019 NBA. Multiple stars are needed.
I’d rather try to duplicate the raptors model than spend max money on a guy we don’t need as much as in another position such as pf, where we get a scorer, playmaker, shooter, and position versatility.

Mitchell is a younger hybrid version of Kemba. I would rather see the jazz improve the 4 and get a specialized pg that doesn’t monopolize the ball, since Mitchell needs the ball as well as Ingles to be affective. We need a guy like Beverly or someone that is a great shooter.

Kemba doesn’t offer much roster versatility, he’s small, not a good defender and Minimalizes the effectiveness of ingles and Mitchell. I would think it easier to build a better roster around DM Harris and Gobert than Kemba instead of Harris. It’s much harder to find a 4 as skilled as Harris when we get everything Kemba gives us and more in Mitchell.

I’d rather try to duplicate the raptors model than spend max money on a guy we don’t need as much as in another position such as pf, where we get a scorer, playmaker, shooter, and position versatility.

Mitchell is a younger hybrid version of Kemba. I would rather see the jazz improve the 4 and get a specialized pg that doesn’t monopolize the ball, since Mitchell needs the ball as well as Ingles to be affective. We need a guy like Beverly or someone that is a great shooter.

Kemba doesn’t offer much roster versatility, he’s small, not a good defender and Minimalizes the effectiveness of ingles and Mitchell. I would think it easier to build a better roster around DM Harris and Gobert than Kemba instead of Harris. It’s much harder to find a 4 as skilled as Harris when we get everything Kemba gives us and more in Mitchell.

You could make an argument that you could get a Rolls Royce point guard and find a serviceable 4 that would fit the bill. Somebody like Gay could be had at a reasonable price if we were to pick up Kemba. Finding a serviceable PF to work with Gobert is actually pretty easy. Every 4 the Jazz have trotted out the past 3 years has really good advanced metrics as long as they are on the court with Rudy.

I just know when we got good Ricky, who is hitting shots, the Jazz were pretty much unbeatable as long as Mitchell didn't do something like 5 for 21. Kemba would be like good Ricky every freaking night and probably even better.

Last edited:
remember how good George Hill looked here ?? Just imagine a top flight point guard.

anyway i'd also love Blake Griffin i'd donate a few of Rubashov's internal organs if that helped to facilitate that trade

Ok, who is this Cook kid for GS and is he available for the right price? I suspect somebody has been talking about him on this thread before, but I wasn't paying no attention till tonight when he came in off the bench and made 3 straight three pointers! We could add him to our team, make him a starter and with our big guys underneath and Rubio distributing, we'd be up by 15 points at the end of each 1st QT!

remember how good George Hill looked here ?? Just imagine a top flight point guard.

anyway i'd also love Blake Griffin i'd donate a few of Rubashov's internal organs if that helped to facilitate that trade

Hell, I’ll throw in a beer flooded kidney of my own and my ex wife.

You could make an argument that you could get a Rolls Royce point guard and find a serviceable 4 that would fit the bill. Somebody like Gay could be had at a reasonable price if we were to pick up Kemba. Finding a serviceable PF to work with Gobert is actually pretty easy. Every 4 the Jazz have trotted out the past 3 years has really good advanced metrics as long as they are on the court with Rudy.

I just know when we got good Ricky, who is hitting shots, the Jazz were pretty much unbeatable as long as Mitchell didn't do something like 5 for 21. Kemba would be like good Ricky every freaking night and probably even better.
You could argue the jazz got hot last year when after Rubio went down. An allstar playmaking 4 is usually going to make a bigger impact than a 5-10 allstar pg from the east. How many times do I have to say we get everything Kemba offers and more from Mitchell, sure the jazz are improved with the addition of Kemba, but much more so withHarris

God, fine! Y'all talked me into it. Trade Korver and our first for Dinwiddie. Then release Favors and sign Tobias Harris.

Gobert
Harris
Ingles
Mitchell
Dinwiddie.

Starting 5

Crowder, O’Neale, Exum are the main bench.
That cannot be done.

Fans never seem to appreciate how much capspace their team doesn’t have. The Jazz don’t have a max slot unless they let everyone walk/renounce their rights AND waive-and-stretch Korver. That brings the Jazz to about $38 million in cap and Harris would take up $32.7 million of that to start.

They can’t trade for Dinwiddie using Korver’s contract and retain max cap space. There’s not a realistic scenario that they could add both players.

was just gonna say going by the ex comment i'm expecting ******* crazy ?

Like got a restraining order on me that the judge threw out at the first hearing because he called her full of ****ing ****. In legal terms of course.

Like bat **** ****ing insane. She puts bi-polar to shame

Like got a restraining order on me that the judge threw out at the first hearing because he called her full of ****ing ****. In legal terms of course.

Like bat **** ****ing insane. She puts bi-polar to shame

sorry to hear mate .. that sounds like quite the ordeal