What's new

Youtube TV

I think no blackouts. It remains to be seen for sure, but it looks like a game changer.

If it has all the Jazz games and the service is silky smooth, I'm definitely switching. Even without account sharing, I'd be saving $50+. And Google >>>>> Comcast.

If it has all the Jazz games and the service is silky smooth, I'm definitely switching. Even without account sharing, I'd be saving $50+. And Google >>>>> Comcast.

Yeah I'll be getting it for sure if it works. I haven't had TV in years, just waiting for this.

sorry boys but this is all lies. NBA has to many contracts that blackout games in local markets to allow YouTube to play local games. They allow this they lose those contracts.

Think about it. As a Jazz an NBA fan I would cancel cable an buy league pass for $180. Watch nothing but NBA. NBA gets all the revenue not a cut from youtubeTV. They can not do this now so how is YouTube gonna be allowed to? If you sign up you are getting scammed.

Im very interested in this. Keep updating

Watch utah won't get it because they won't want it to compete with Google fiber in SLC and Provo.

Watch utah won't get it because they won't want it to compete with Google fiber in SLC and Provo.

Nah. This is a bigger play than Google Fiber. In fact, all indicators point toward Google giving up on Fiber.

Nah. This is a bigger play than Google Fiber. In fact, all indicators point toward Google giving up on Fiber.

Content providers (especially sports)drive up the cost of cable not the actual cable provider. With this you're still stuck paying comcast to be your ISP and you're getting a basic cable package through a different company. A basic cable package that apparently is going to be even shorter on content than the one you could get through comcast. Not that excited tbh.
I don't think Google is giving up on the ISP business. They may give up on fiber optic networks but they won't give up on being the gate keeper. It looks like they're working on wireless broadband from what I can tell.