What's new

Zach Lowe is intrigued by Rodney Hood

That's not really any issue for Hood. That's something bigs who hold a ton of weight have to be concerned with. Hood could use more mass everywhere to help absorb contact ala Hayward.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Dante Exum.

A sudden influx of a bunch of weight adds more weight to your knees but it also has huge ramifications about one's gait. The extra musculature on the legs itself changes the gait the most, especially since they haven't adapted to actual gameplay, and stabilizers in that regard are just in a funky place. These concerns relate to Hood specifically because a lot of his stuff appears to come from non-contact.

I hope he spends more energy on and devotion to a good yogi, pilates, and improving how his body moves. Becoming a muscle hero isn't what saved Stephen Curry's career. I am generally pro-adding muscle mass, but to say that guy + weights = always positive in every way is ignorance.

Dante Exum.

A sudden influx of a bunch of weight adds more weight to your knees but it also has huge ramifications about one's gait. The extra musculature on the legs itself changes the gait the most, especially since they haven't adapted to actual gameplay, and stabilizers in that regard are just in a funky place. These concerns relate to Hood specifically because a lot of his stuff appears to come from non-contact.

I hope he spends more energy on and devotion to a good yogi, pilates, and improving how his body moves. Becoming a muscle hero isn't what saved Stephen Curry's career. I am generally pro-adding muscle mass, but to say that guy + weights = always positive in every way is ignorance.

I'm not suggesting he start shooting roids and just lift weights all day....

That's not really any issue for Hood. That's something bigs who hold a ton of weight have to be concerned with. Hood could use more mass everywhere to help absorb contact ala Hayward.

Maybe, maybe not. Neither one of us is a doctor or has any inside knowledge of the situation. Not only that, but sometimes even the doctors who do have inside knowledge get this wrong, so nobody can say for certain one way or the other.

If I had to guess, I'd say it probably wouldn't be an issue for Hood to gain a little muscle, but all either of us can do is speculate.