What's new

Zach Lowe: Paul George would love to play with Gordon Hayward

I understand he said he wants to play for LAL. I'm merely stating that we might be the team who could convince him to re-sign.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

If the Jazz approach Indy about PG, it will be with the assumption that it is a one year rental, and whatever they offer will reflect that.

It's a pipe dream regardless. We're not getting George.

Here's my conspiracy theory:

Hayward, George, and Hill have talked about playing together. Hayward and Hill, who have a strong relationship, have told George about the merits of playing under Snyder and with Gobert. They know the Jazz don't have the assets to acquire George outright, so George's camp leaks out the desire to go to Los Angeles in the summer of 2018, significantly lowering other teams' willingness to give up assets for him, as well as lowering the cost of entry for the Jazz.

Pipe dream, probably, and I'm not sure how it might work in terms of money and cap space. But I could see it happening.

My **** just got hard.

We are dumb to do that trade for one year of PG.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

We would be dumb not to if we can do it without giving up a major piece, as in an important player. If Hood, #24 and a future unprotected first would do it, we have to do it IMO. With Hill, George, Hayward, Favors, Hood, Johnson, Burks, Exum and Ingles, we would very likely be the 2nd best team in the West and probably even in the league. It would put us in a position where a single injury to any of the 4 best GS-players gives us a fighting chance for a championship. I can`t see any other path that would put is in the same position for the next few years.

You can trade #24 and next year after #24 has been selected - I'm pretty sure. Before that, you cant trade picks in back to back years unless you have swap options.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

All you have to do is have 1 st rounder every two years right? It doesn't have to be yours.
Trades right now can be agreed upon but don't go through until July 4th or close to that date. So if we did that we are agreeing to pick a player for them. We are trading the player we selected not the pick.

Trades right now can be agreed upon but don't go through until July 4th or close to that date. So if we did that we are agreeing to pick a player for them. We are trading the player we selected not the pick.

Yet again, this is wrong. The trade deadline goes away after your team is eliminated. It is perfectly legal to make trades before the draft. But, you have to make these trades fit under your cap this year.