What's new

Zach Lowe's take on Hayward's Contract situation

Hayward and CJ, per 36 mins during their fourth year:

40% fg, 36% 3pt, 6 reb, 5 assists, 1 steal, 17 points, 16 shots
46% fg, 35% 3pt, 4 reb, 3 assists, 1 steal, 15 points, 12 shots

Now, I don't really believe this, but if Hayward wants Favors dollars, he has a lllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong
way to go to get there. Right now, he isn't even close. Right now, he is no better than CJ Miles.

This year so far:

40% fg, 36% 3pt, 6 reb, 5 assists, 1 steal, 17 pts, 34 mins
52% fg, 38% 3pt, 3 reb, 1 assists, 2 steal, 15 pts, 21 mins

CJ is playing better so far this year.

Legit ROFLing right now. Worst post since the season has started.

You clearly haven't seen Nick post recently...

I just assume that Nick is trying to be provocative, so I don't take much of his input very seriously.

green here has clearly put in some thought, and is using stats to try and justify his position.

Hayward and CJ, per 36 mins during their fourth year:

40% fg, 36% 3pt, 6 reb, 5 assists, 1 steal, 17 points, 16 shots
46% fg, 35% 3pt, 4 reb, 3 assists, 1 steal, 15 points, 12 shots

Now, I don't really believe this, but if Hayward wants Favors dollars, he has a lllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong
way to go to get there. Right now, he isn't even close. Right now, he is no better than CJ Miles.

This year so far:

40% fg, 36% 3pt, 6 reb, 5 assists, 1 steal, 17 pts, 34 mins
52% fg, 38% 3pt, 3 reb, 1 assists, 2 steal, 15 pts, 21 mins

CJ is playing better so far this year.

feel free and post that you miss him

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?20888-somebody-misses-cj-miles

i would not compare those two that's ridiculous, but as i said before let him go was a mistake by fo and lack of prevision

dude is a solid guy from the bench and for a reasonable price

if someone had high expectations on him, cj was drafted 2nd round 34th overall, considering that fact he does pretty well

I just assume that Nick is trying to be provocative, so I don't take much of his input very seriously.

green here has clearly put in some thought, and is using stats to try and justify his position.

No, Nickkk is getting sloppy.

This is also false - this is a serious thread and I've tried numerous times to get this thread back on that course.

So you agree that Gobert, a black man, was picked for being white? Is this one of those "you gotta have faith" arguments you're so find of?

Again, for the 10th time, I've never said the Jazz are racist. I just think we tend to pick more white players than the average NBA team - whatever that reason may be.

Is it because these guys are better behaved? Is it because they're "smart heady players"? Is it because it'll put more bum on seats? Is it because they think the fan base would be able to better identify with the players? Who knows? It's just my observation of the key players we've had from years past.

Again, for the 10th time, I've never said the Jazz are racist. I just think we tend to pick more white players than the average NBA team - whatever that reason may be.

Is it because these guys are better behaved? Is it because they're "smart heady players"? Is it because it'll put more bum on seats? Is it because they think the fan base would be able to better identify with the players? Who knows? It's just my observation of the key players we've had from years past.

Why do you keep repeating the same thing over and over while ignoring the evidence against your argument, without providing any evidence of your own? Who can function like this??

How many teams in the NBA have fewer white players than the Jazz? How many white players have the Jazz drafted in recent memory (not including second round European players the Jazz pick just in case, but without any real plans to bring over)? Hayward and Koufos. Maybe Kanter, I'm not an expert on meaningless arbitrary categories.

What evidence do you provide that the modern Jazz like white players more than any other team?

Why do you keep repeating the same thing over and over while ignoring the evidence against your argument, without providing any evidence of your own? Who can function like this??

How many teams in the NBA have fewer white players than the Jazz? How many white players have the Jazz drafted in recent memory (not including second round European players the Jazz pick just in case, but without any real plans to bring over)? Hayward and Koufos. Maybe Kanter, I'm not an expert on meaningless arbitrary categories.

What evidence do you provide that the modern Jazz like white players more than any other team?

Bro, I don't have time to go through all our draft picks in years' past to do that, but:

- As fishonjazz alluded to earlier, this year alone we had: Gobert, Neto, Biederins joined our ranks

- In the CURRENT starting line-up we have x2 potential Jazz lifers in: Hayward and Kanter

- In the past we've given the BIG CONTRACTS to the foollowing players and also had them in the SAME starting line-up at 1 point: DWill, Harpring, Kirilenko, Boozer, Okur.

It's just my observation bro, no need to get your panties in a twist over this, it's really no biggie.

Bro, I don't have time to go through all our draft picks in years' past to do that, but:

- As fishonjazz alluded to earlier, this year alone we had: Gobert, Neto, Biederins joined our ranks

- In the CURRENT starting line-up we have x2 potential Jazz lifers in: Hayward and Kanter

- In the past we've given the BIG CONTRACTS to the foollowing players and also had them in the SAME starting line-up at 1 point: DWill, Harpring, Kirilenko, Boozer, Okur.

It's just my observation bro, no need to get your panties in a twist over this, it's really no biggie.

DWill, Gobert, and Boozer?

Le_2bc6e2_1936193.jpg

CJ played with Deron Williams, and is playing with Kyrie Irving this year.

Hayward is playing with John Lucas and Jamaal Tinsley. I'm sure that doesn't make a difference though.

If you honestly think CJ Miles could do the same thing Hayward is right now, then you're beyond obtuse.

Aren't you proving my point? They are both role players. Neither should be getting over 10 per year. I'd pay CJ 4 max. I'd pay Hayward 8 max. Hayward is twice the player CJ is. That being said, Hayward isn't a 10+ per year guy. This year has shown that so far. I'd take CJ at 4 over Hayward at 12 any day of the year. Hayward isn't good enough. Just like I'd take AK at 10 any day of the week. At 17? No thanks.