What's new

Zombie movies

Rubashov

2019 Award Winner
Watching Zombieland now and I'm just reminded of the problem I have with all zombie films. Where is the army? Where are the machine guns? Where are the high explosive artillery rounds? Air strikes? Flamethrowers? Tanks?

You know the whole prospect of the undead coming back to life to eat brains is fine but where is napalm death? It just doesn't work in our society that has industrialised killing to the extent it has.

Anyone had similar issues with different genres of films?

I have beef with a James Bond genre :).
1. Yeah right you can have a fight in train (which does not exist like it was in Morocco) and wreck everything and nobody will not notice it. :)
2. Yes, it is possible to built a "secret base" in the desert in Morocco, and yes, nobody will not notice it. :)
3. Yes, you can have a race inside the central Rome without alerting police, countless cameras, tourist hordes etc.:)
4. Yes, you can have a "secret" meeting Rome, kill a person while having it, and nobody will not care that there is dead person in the main meeting room.:)
5. How are the salaries paid for the office persons and thugs in the secret organizations like they are in the latest Bond movies. It seems, they do not want to eat, pee and have vacation or normal family life. :)
6. IMHO the last good Bond movie for me was Tomorrow Never Dies and my favorite is Living Daylights. IMHO the entire Bond series is best suited for the cold war era, between 1950-1990. When the world did not have social media, digital cameras, cheap data storage, internet, Google Earth etc.

Or maybe i am just too old. During the last 9 years i have been in the movie theatres less than 5 times. Before that was once in week.
IMHO the quality of movies is declined, because the story is written by the shareholders, finance and IT team, not by story-tellers (i do not now the correct term in english).

Watching Zombieland now and I'm just reminded of the problem I have with all zombie films. Where is the army? Where are the machine guns? Where are the high explosive artillery rounds? Air strikes? Flamethrowers? Tanks?

You know the whole prospect of the undead coming back to life to eat brains is fine but where is napalm death? It just doesn't work in our society that has industrialised killing to the extent it has.

I think zombie stuff is mostly dumb. Hate the walking dead tv show.

I actually did like zombie land though. Cause it's funny.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

IMHO the quality of movies is declined, because the story is written by the shareholders, finance and IT team, not by story-tellers (i do not now the correct term in english).

Honestly, it's always been that way. When you get to a certain age, you've seen 90% of the movies before they get released.

Honestly, it's always been that way. When you get to a certain age, you've seen 90% of the movies before they get released.

They are out of ideas. The star wars movies are the best example... they straight ran that **** back... plot was the same.

Movies are for entertaining... you entertain me and you get my approval and I won’t pick apart your plot holes.

Might be true. Or maybe it is because i am married with a child so i do not have to go to the cinema because their is nothing better to do.

Your theory does not seem to apply to my parents (born in 1953 and 1954) :). They go to cinema at least once a month and also watch quite a lot movies from the TV. My father likes Game of Thrones, i don't.
No problem to me to watch older movies that i have not seen. It seems, that at least in mainstream theatres all over the world dominates the Disney-Marvel stuff.
Of course, maybe i am just lazy and have not discovered movies which are similar to the Coen brothers movies. Even the Estonian movies made by the 100 year anniversary of our country were kind of … bland to me or over acted and too much fake computer stuff. I only watched one of those, Little Comrade, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6315438/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

I love zombie movies... now we can’t be friends I guess.
I should clarify. I don't mind zombie movies when the zombies are actually fast or intelligent or actually dangerous.

Many zombie movies have the zombies as slow and dumb. Not scary at all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Your theory does not seem to apply to my parents (born in 1953 and 1954) :). They go to cinema at least once a month and also watch quite a lot movies from the TV. My father likes Game of Thrones, i don't.

Ask your father the last time he was surprised by a movie plot twist.

I'm not saying you can't enjoy movies you've seen before, I do that all the time.

for the most part you're spot on. Im pretty sure "I am legend" qualifies as an exception tho. That takes place in a time period after the zombies have already overrun that stuff.

Plus thats zombies from airborne disease I think, not technically back from the dead ones. IDK how it works.

but yeah different genre's of films rely on common gimmicks that turn into pitfalls/blemishes. i dont even know where to begin. lmao. romance comedys are all like that in a way, no?

Last edited:
I have beef with a James Bond genre :).
1. Yeah right you can have a fight in train (which does not exist like it was in Morocco) and wreck everything and nobody will not notice it. :)
2. Yes, it is possible to built a "secret base" in the desert in Morocco, and yes, nobody will not notice it. :)
3. Yes, you can have a race inside the central Rome without alerting police, countless cameras, tourist hordes etc.:)
4. Yes, you can have a "secret" meeting Rome, kill a person while having it, and nobody will not care that there is dead person in the main meeting room.:)
5. How are the salaries paid for the office persons and thugs in the secret organizations like they are in the latest Bond movies. It seems, they do not want to eat, pee and have vacation or normal family life. :)
6. IMHO the last good Bond movie for me was Tomorrow Never Dies and my favorite is Living Daylights. IMHO the entire Bond series is best suited for the cold war era, between 1950-1990. When the world did not have social media, digital cameras, cheap data storage, internet, Google Earth etc.

Or maybe i am just too old. During the last 9 years i have been in the movie theatres less than 5 times. Before that was once in week.

I too have several beefs with the James Bond Films, and I've seen them all.

For one I dont think they really do the original writer Ian Flemming justice. Also I think ultimately the best scene in the movies is the very begining, otto preminger title sequences. and as a result are 'carried' by that, and the scores

you need to go drink a cup of concrete