What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Don is going to sign that $209 mil extension in Cleveland and be their full time PG.

JB Bickerstaff, Jarrett Allen, and Darius Garland are out. Allen and Garland will be moved for better fitting pieces. He is not happy about the 2nd round exit and pushing his weight around to get improvements. He apparently wants it to work in Cleveland especially now that Brunson is the toast of NYC.

Total speculation on my part but could another superstar from Ohio be returning home to the Cavs again this offseason? Don and Lebron could make quite a pair similar to Lebron/Wade from a decade ago. That pairing might have a 2 year window to win a championship.

FWIW, I'm not a Garland fan. At all. Dude gets hunted by defense all game long and is ****ing addicted to his floater.
He's definitely lost some of his shine since Don arrived. Garland just looked so small and weak against Orlando and Boston who are both bigger teams. That pairing with Garland didn't work any better than the Conley pairing with the Jazz. Klutch is reportedly going to apply pressure to get him out of Cleveland after Don assumably signs that extension. He would look fine throwing lobs to Wemby or as an upgrade to D'Angelo Russell in LA. He's still owed $40 per season over the next 4 years. Teams are getting smarter about not giving that kind of money to smaller one way players unless they are absolute superstars.

He's definitely lost some of his shine since Don arrived. Garland just looked so small and weak against Orlando and Boston who are both bigger teams. That pairing with Garland didn't work any better than the Conley pairing with the Jazz. Klutch is reportedly going to apply pressure to get him out of Cleveland after Don assumably signs that extension. He would look fine throwing lobs to Wemby or as an upgrade to D'Angelo Russell in LA. He's still owed $40 per season over the next 4 years. Teams are getting smarter about not giving that kind of money to smaller one way players unless they are absolute superstars.
Are they? You draft a guy at 5 you are paying him if he plays well. Teams just don't draft small players like that all that often.

Eh...not necessarily saying Key is a chucker, but the reason why he shoots so many "open" shots is because shots around the basket are way more likely to be "contested" by these definitions and the reverse is true for 3/long jumper being "open". This is moreso a reflection of his shot distribution rather than shot quality/decision making.

Regardless, I think "chucker" is more about an efficiency/volume equation and Key is definitely a high volume, low efficiency player. Like most rookies, he was just a very bad player. He showed promise but he certainly wasn't good outside of the rookie context.
My definition of a chucker is more about shot selection and decission making. If you take open shots because of an action that made you open or the opponent sagging off of you, you are supposed to shoot... especially if we hope he actually becomes a valuable NBA player. He doesnt have many other paths with his skillset and size.

Regardless it is well documented that Hardy pushed him for higher volumes and told him to take open shots. So no matter how you or anyone defines a chucker, he was doing what the coach wanted and it wasnt all about his own tendencies.

My definition of a chucker is more about shot selection and decission making. If you take open shots because of an action that made you open or the opponent sagging off of you, you are supposed to shoot... especially if we hope he actually becomes a valuable NBA player. He doesnt have many other paths with his skillset and size.

Regardless it is well documented that Hardy pushed him for higher volumes and told him to take open shots. So no matter how you or anyone defines a chucker, he was doing what the coach wanted and it wasnt all about his own tendencies.
Seemed like he was a chucker in college but I could be misremembering

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk