What's new

Zach Lowe: Paul George would love to play with Gordon Hayward

That's why the rule changed!

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to be your own pick. It needs to be a first round pick though. You can't have 2 consecutive years without a first.
It's only half-measure though. For example you can trade the player once you draft him(1 month after he signs the contract I think?)

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to be your own pick. It needs to be a first round pick though. You can't have 2 consecutive years without a first.
It's only half-measure though. For example you can trade the player once you draft him(1 month after he signs the contract I think?)

Nothing has changed... it doesn't have to be our pick... so long as we have another pick... we could also do as u suggest... exercise the pick then make the trade.

Yet again, this is wrong. The trade deadline goes away after your team is eliminated. It is perfectly legal to make trades before the draft. But, you have to make these trades fit under your cap this year.
I am aware you can trade right now. Draft day trades don't finalize and rookies aren't signed that day. Teams are trading the players selected draft day not the pick. The original team makes the pick since the trade isn't official that day.

DCyzk3CUQAAGoqZ.jpg:large

What does playing the 2 entail that is so different than playing the 3 in today's NBA? Hayward has guarded 2's in the NBA every year of his career. So has PG. They are both wings. They play the wing position. The 2 and 3 dont really exist.

Semi can play the 2 and the 3?

Listening to Simmons and O'Conner... they are so presumptuous. Make it sound like Hayward is gone and would be stupid not to go.

If he leaves I hope he picks Miami because those guys will be insufferable.

The other option is just trade a few pieces and get Donovan Mitchell and, bam, 3rd superstar. I guess PG is a decent 2nd choice.

Genuinely can’t help myself. On a family vacation and combing through last years threads.

You called it 4 days before the draft. You should be able to pat yourself on the back for that one.

You have a crystal ball?

Apparently Bhodi does, in fact, have a crystal ball. Also. . . **** Hayward.

Listening to Simmons and O'Conner... they are so presumptuous. Make it sound like Hayward is gone and would be stupid not to go.

If he leaves I hope he picks Miami because those guys will be insufferable.
Whelp. . . this post didn’t age well, did it? I got a good laugh out of it though.