What's new

♣♧ Lucky ♧♣ Game Thread Jazz vs Memphis 8:00 Sat 3/16

Kanter still has one more season before he's eligible for an extension, and two more before he'll be a free agent (if he doesn't sign an extension). It's far too early for Enes or his agent to be disgruntled, as two big years would be more than enough to score in free agency.

If anything, Favors should be a bit upset with the minutes he's received this season, as he's eligible for an extension this summer.

Agree but next year I'm almost sertain, even if Millsap is resigned that Favors will be the starter at C unless Kanter improves and forces Ty to start Kanter over Favors. As far as this year goes he is seeing more crunch time minutes in games.

Now it just sounds like your arguing just to argue. Last year he wasn't ready and he knew it. He didn't look ready to start the year, but has since come into his own. There has been no hint that he is put off by how he's being treated. He's not dumb, he realizes he's at the bottom of the pecking order, but it is widely expected that Al who has mentored Kanter and helped him get better will be gone nect year, and if Millsap is resigned he will likely be on the bench. I believe Kanter will at the very least get 25 minutes per game, and by the time he resigns with the jazz he will be getting 35 minutes a game.

To me it sounds like your grasping at straws because your butt hurt that he doesn't get more minutes. I feel ya though, as I also wish Corbin would play him more, but there's nothing I can do about it but wait till Al is gone.

Really im just asking a question.... Would you rather have a happy kanter who wants to be here come contract negotiation time? Or and unhappy kanter?...... Or do you assume that since he is restricted, it doesn't matter if he wants to be here or not cause we can just "force" him to stay by matching any offers?
(assuming that the hypothetical situation of kanter being pissed about his playing time is true of course.)

You obviously want a happy Kanter. If he gets 26+ minutes per game next season, I see no reason why he'd care that he was brought along slowly in his first 2 years.

You obviously want a happy Kanter. If he gets 26+ minutes per game next season, I see no reason why he'd care that he was brought along slowly in his first 2 years.

I hope he gets those minutes, but have seen nothing to think that he will.

Also i hope that these first couple years dont bother him much (and i honestly think he is pretty happy about things) but i certainly would not risk it if i were the jazz..... especially since there is a decent chance that the jazz would be better with kanter playing those 26 minutes per game RIGHT NOW and Al playing much less.

Really im just asking a question.... Would you rather have a happy kanter who wants to be here come contract negotiation time? Or and unhappy kanter?...... Or do you assume that since he is restricted, it doesn't matter if he wants to be here or not cause we can just "force" him to stay by matching any offers?
(assuming that the hypothetical situation of kanter being pissed about his playing time is true of course.)
Of course I want Kanter to be happy. Simply, I see his minutes going up next year, and another increase the following year after, so I'm not worried about him not wanting to be here.
this.

I hope he gets those minutes, but have seen nothing to think that he will.

Also i hope that these first couple years dont bother him much (and i honestly think he is pretty happy about things) but i certainly would not risk it if i were the jazz..... especially since there is a decent chance that the jazz would be better with kanter playing those 26 minutes per game RIGHT NOW and Al playing much less.

Really? What makes you think he won't get the minutes next year?? Do you think they will resign Al? Even if they resign Millsap the jazz would probably sign a big to be nothing more then an emergency big off the bench.

Really? What makes you think he won't get the minutes next year?? Do you think they will resign Al? Even if they resign Millsap the jazz would probably sign a big to be nothing more then an emergency big off the bench.

I have no idea what the jazz will do, but after the raja bell, josh howard, randy foye fiascoes.... im a little paranoid that the jazz will sign chris kaman, elton brand, samuel dalembert or somebody like that and keep kanter down for even longer.

Agree but next year I'm almost sertain, even if Millsap is resigned that Favors will be the starter at C unless Kanter improves and forces Ty to start Kanter over Favors. As far as this year goes he is seeing more crunch time minutes in games.

If Millsap is resigned, he'll have to eventually realize that it's veteren time from the bench for him.
Same goes for Jefferson.

Mo and Conley are pretty much on the same level to me. Mo is a bit better offensively, Conley is better defensively.

Players have agents. Those agents talk to their clients. If I was Kanter's agent I know he would get more minutes on any other team. I believe that if Kanter got those minutes that by the time he was a free agent there is a chance he could be a max money guy. By not playing him now as much as he deserves you are affecting his value. Kanter's agent will play a role in how happy Kanter is come free agency and I would be angry if I was his agent.

Players have agents. Those agents talk to their clients. If I was Kanter's agent I know he would get more minutes on any other team. I believe that if Kanter got those minutes that by the time he was a free agent there is a chance he could be a max money guy. By not playing him now as much as he deserves you are affecting his value. Kanter's agent will play a role in how happy Kanter is come free agency and I would be angry if I was his agent.
Kanter's playing a little less than DeAndre Jordan did his first two seasons. Jordan's minutes went up in years 3 and 4, and he was able to sign an offer sheet worth about $11mm per year. I don't see why Kanter's agent would be upset yet, given that Kanter doesn't become a free agent for 2 more seasons (especially if the current PT situation hasn't hurt his development). I don't think Kanter's PT is hurting his value in 2015 free agency.

I'd be much more upset if I were Favors, still getting 23 minutes per game in year 3. It'll be interesting to see what sort of extension the Jazz offer Favors this summer (if any).

I do agree here considering the Jazz's record.
Now if Kanter was on a team with a better record, it could be accepted.... but considering.... it's pretty unacceptable.
Luckily I see Kanter and Favors both as very great team players, and have still both learned a lot in playing with Millsap and Jefferson night in and night out.
Neither are high profile, and have been great teachers.

Kanter's playing a little less than DeAndre Jordan did his first two seasons. Jordan's minutes went up in years 3 and 4, and he was able to sign an offer sheet worth about $11mm per year. I don't see why Kanter's agent would be upset yet, given that Kanter doesn't become a free agent for 2 more seasons (especially if the current PT situation hasn't hurt his development). I don't think Kanter's PT is hurting his value in 2015 free agency.

I'd be much more upset if I were Favors, still getting 23 minutes per game in year 3. It'll be interesting to see what sort of extension the Jazz offer Favors this summer (if any).

The Jazz can extend both Favors and Hayward, but only one of them can be extended for 5 years under the "designated player" rule I believe. Wonder who gets offered it?

I do agree here considering the Jazz's record.
Now if Kanter was on a team with a better record, it could be accepted.... but considering.... it's pretty unacceptable.
Luckily I see Kanter and Favors both as very great team players, and have still both learned a lot in playing with Millsap and Jefferson night in and night out.
Neither are high profile, and have been great teachers.

Remind me.... What was the Clippers record in Jordans first two years?

Remind me.... What was the Clippers record in Jordans first two years?

In my opinion, kanter is much better than jordan. So jordan would not have as much reason to be upset.

Also I don't know if jordan was a top 3 pick or not

Also I don't think Kanters agent thinks the way you think he does. However if Kanter is still only getting 14 minutes a game next year then all bets are off.