What's new

♣♧ Lucky ♧♣ Game Thread Jazz vs Memphis 8:00 Sat 3/16

I think the reason it is difficult to get excited even though we won is because I know if that if I was Kanter's agent I'd be thinking I'm not re-signing with the Jazz because they are intentionally keeping my clients value low. If I was Kanter's agent I would be pissed and I certainly would be calling KOC about the lack of playing time. Same goes for Burks. Losing Kanter when his contract is up is certainly not worth winning a couple of games to try to wrestle the 8th seed from the lakers.

I thought Burks was playing a very good game. Still didn't get playing time. Kanter played a good game despite low shooting percentage. The truth is that the refs swallowed their whistle and let Zack Randolph get away with murder that game.

To be fair, if we are not putting much excitement into the Bobcats game because it was the Bobcats then we can't put much into last night's game either.

Gasol was not 100% and the Grizzlies were playing their 4th game in 5 night and just getting back from a btb vs the Nuggets who play at a high pace and then the Jazz.

I believe that Locke would call this a scheduled loss. It would have been really bad if the Jazz lost this game.

I thought Burks was playing a very good game. Still didn't get playing time. Kanter played a good game despite low shooting percentage. The truth is that the refs swallowed their whistle and let Zack Randolph get away with murder that game.

The minutes that Kanter and Burks got were bad, stupid bad. They both were playing better than others that were getting time over them.

The minutes that Kanter and Burks got were bad, stupid bad. They both were playing better than others that were getting time over them.

what does it matter.

jazz suck.

and if we say something about it. we are complaining when jazz won.
so we should stfu cus jazz won.
but in the long run this will hurt the jazz

This game was boring.

The grizz were running on fumes so don't get too excited over it. Especially when you consider how little pt our young players got. Sigh

I think the reason it is difficult to get excited even though we won is because I know if that if I was Kanter's agent I'd be thinking I'm not re-signing with the Jazz because they are intentionally keeping my clients value low. If I was Kanter's agent I would be pissed and I certainly would be calling KOC about the lack of playing time. Same goes for Burks. Losing Kanter when his contract is up is certainly not worth winning a couple of games to try to wrestle the 8th seed from the lakers.

I don't buy that the jazz are trying to keep his value low. That's you being an irrational senile old fogey luckily Kanter and Burks aren't drama laden like you are, they realize their time will come, and that time is most likely next year.

I realize Corbin is going to coach the way he going to coach. I can't change that all I can do is look to next year when the core get their chance. This is why I don't care if we miss the playoffs or not. As long as KOC doesn't screw up in the off season I think we have a chance to be really good. I'm just relieved they aren't drama queens like you.

Anyone see the stat that the announcer posted during the game? The jazz starters are last in the league among starters for ppg and the jazz bench is first in ppg among benches.

Losing Kanter when his contract is up is certainly not worth winning a couple of games to try to wrestle the 8th seed from the lakers.
Kanter will be a restricted free agent. If the Jazz want to keep him, he'll be in Utah for the next 6 seasons.

Kanter will be a restricted free agent. If the Jazz want to keep him, he'll be in Utah for the next 6 seasons.

You are correct about this that he is a restricted free agent.... but wouldn't it be better if kanter and his agent really wanted to sign with the jazz and help the jazz with the next contract he signs? (maybe a hometown discount, or front loaded/back loaded.... basically be flexible with the jazz?)
Couldn't kanter and his agent make the contract as tough on the jazz franchise as possible?

Also, if the jazz did match and retain him but he didn't want to be here, couldn't kanter pout and sulk and become a locker room cancer to the point where he somewhat forces a trade?

Yes, forgot to hit on that, and Kanter, and Burks will be getting 30 minutes a game long before those 6 years are over.

I honestly dont think that kanter is going to hold it against the jazz that he didn't get PT during his early years, but to say "oh well if he hates it here and wants to be on another team, it doesn't matter cause we can force him to stay since he is restricted," i just dont think that is all there is to it.

You are correct about this that he is a restricted free agent.... but wouldn't it be better if kanter and his agent really wanted to sign with the jazz and help the jazz with the next contract he signs? (maybe a hometown discount, or front loaded/back loaded.... basically be flexible with the jazz?)
Couldn't kanter and his agent make the contract as tough on the jazz franchise as possible?

Also, if the jazz did match and retain him but he didn't want to be here, couldn't kanter pout and sulk and become a locker room cancer to the point where he somewhat forces a trade?

Now it just sounds like your arguing just to argue. Last year he wasn't ready and he knew it. He didn't look ready to start the year, but has since come into his own. There has been no hint that he is put off by how he's being treated. He's not dumb, he realizes he's at the bottom of the pecking order, but it is widely expected that Al who has mentored Kanter and helped him get better will be gone nect year, and if Millsap is resigned he will likely be on the bench. I believe Kanter will at the very least get 25 minutes per game, and by the time he resigns with the jazz he will be getting 35 minutes a game.

To me it sounds like your grasping at straws because your butt hurt that he doesn't get more minutes. I feel ya though, as I also wish Corbin would play him more, but there's nothing I can do about it but wait till Al is gone.

I honestly dont think that kanter is going to hold it against the jazz that he didn't get PT during his early years, but to say "oh well if he hates it here and wants to be on another team, it doesn't matter cause we can force him to stay since he is restricted," i just dont think that is all there is to it.

What I'm saying is Kanter isn't this narrow minded. And what proof is there that he hates it here. From all I see he loves it here, and him and Al are good friends and he is developing good chemistry with the other young players that make up the core 4. I think you are overreacting.

Now it just sounds like your arguing just to argue. Last year he wasn't ready and he knew it. He didn't look ready to start the year, but has since come into his own. There has been no hint that he is put off by how he's being treated. He's not dumb, he realizes he's at the bottom of the pecking order, but it is widely expected that Al who has mentored Kanter and helped him get better will be gone nect year, and if Millsap is resigned he will likely be on the bench. I believe Kanter will at the very least get 25 minutes per game, and by the time he resigns with the jazz he will be getting 35 minutes a game.

To me it sounds like your grasping at straws because your butt hurt that he doesn't get more minutes. I feel ya though, as I also wish Corbin would play him more, but there's nothing I can do about it but wait till Al is gone.

He looked ready *** hell to start 82 games at 33 minutes per game.
he worked his butt off in the ofseason.

He looked ready *** hell to start 82 games at 33 minutes per game.
he worked his butt off in the ofseason.

I wasn't talking about preseason. Anyone can look good in preseason playing against scrubs, and playing in games that dont count make players look better then they really are. Yes, he worked his butt off, but he didn't look good at all the first few weeks of the year, and only in the last few weeks has he started to take off.

Kanter still has one more season before he's eligible for an extension, and two more before he'll be a free agent (if he doesn't sign an extension). It's far too early for Enes or his agent to be disgruntled, as two big years is more than enough to score in free agency.

If anything, Favors should be a bit upset with the minutes he's received this season, as he's eligible for an extension this summer.