What's new

10 Minute Malone Interview from NBATV

LOL @ Karl's exchange with Czar Fratello and the "You meant to say with the 5th pick...the Hawks select Malone....not Koncak."

Did Karl or his agent script the SAME EXACT THING he's said in every interview he did. I've heard his 20 min press conf, his in-game interview on ESPN, and now this link... It's all the same stuff. Not that any of it is disagreeable, but its amazing how transparent Karl is being here.

Did Karl or his agent script the SAME EXACT THING he's said in every interview he did. I've heard his 20 min press conf, his in-game interview on ESPN, and now this link... It's all the same stuff. Not that any of it is disagreeable, but its amazing how transparent Karl is being here.

lol i noticed that too.

I think someone on twitter - tribjazz perhaps - noted that Karl has been saying the same things. He had been preparing himself for last night to defend Coach Sloan, for sure. Nothing wrong with that, tho.

You callin' Sloan a quitter?

While I hardly call coaching for 22 seasons a quitter, Sloan said his much himself at the press conference. So If Sloan says he doesn't want to coach anymore, and a certain portion of the fanbase and Malone says he does; Sloan is being called a liar.

If he quit because he was forced out...he still quit. I prefer to think that he left on his own terms, like he said. Some people prefer to think that he was forced out and then lied about it. So...technically he's a quitter. If he was forced out then he's a quitter and a liar.

Only 2 choices there because he wasn't fired.

He's been your coach for over 20 WINNING years and you have the nerve and disrespect to take the black and white angle so as to define him as a "quitter" and possible liar. How classless. You have no idea of the situation and why Sloan made his decision. It's convenient for you to hand a simple label on someone while ignoring the details and context. "La la la I can't hear you he's a quitter that's all there is to it la la la."

Purely quitting anything is not a fault in itself. In a minute I'm going to quit typing this post. I will be a quitter I suppose, but obviously it's why you quit that really matters. Sloan had his reasons. He's not a "liar" either for keeping things private and shouldering things himself.

You can also "quit" on someone without walking away.

While I hardly call coaching for 22 seasons a quitter, Sloan said his much himself at the press conference. So If Sloan says he doesn't want to coach anymore, and a certain portion of the fanbase and Malone says he does; Sloan is being called a liar.

I think Sloan is a very loyal and understanding man. He's not going to come out and **** all over the organization and his former star player by admitting he was, in some way, forced into resigning.

That isn't his game. You can call that lying - but I think it's deeper than that.

I think Sloan is a very loyal and understanding man. He's not going to come out and **** all over the organization and his former star player by admitting he was, in some way, forced into resigning.

That isn't his game. You can call that lying - but I think it's deeper than that.

Maybe, but I also respect the miller family enough to think that's not the case.

I guess my question is "forced" how. Resign or we'll fire you....? Save face by Resigning? Doesn't sound like the kind of pressure Sloan would succumb to.