What's new

11/15/14: Utah Jazz at Toronto Raptors, 5:30 pm (local)

HighlandHomie

The East-coast road trip ends tonight, and it's gone a lot better than it has in the past few years despite letting both losses slip from grasp. It's obvious to anyone with an at least average IQ that we're completely transformed under coach Snyder, and the future looks bright. Late-game fouling is something they've barely gone over as they've focused on putting more important things in first, but with two games now coming down to that scenario I'd imagine the Jazz are a lot more prepared.

Regardless, Toronto has been off to a great start.

Here is their ambassador

He can hoop tho

Don't be intimidated, Jazz fans... We've got our own savage back after last night's heroics.

(psycho killer, Norman Bates!)

Hayward has also transformed himself into a cold-blooded monster that feeds on opponents' souls. You could see it brimming even a couple years ago. Here he is staring into the abyss, visualizing the day he slays the Raptors on their home court.

Our guys have their hands full tonight. Lowry is a freakin load, and he will be going at Trey/Dante all night. If we keep DeRozan off the line and limit his easy buckets, we should be fine. Ross is also capable of going off but still pretty inconsistent.

The Jazz could use Hood for the extra depth, rotation flexibility but Ingles has provided a nice lift off of the bench in the meantime.

Let's end this road trip on a high note, and hopefully more fans will start showing up at ESA to give us a rowdy home court advantage. It was dead in there except for the Cavs game.

Here's a hot chick that I'd wife up if I could

I love what the Jazz are doing so far this year. Coach Quin has changed this culture and actually coaches each individual player.
BUT does anyone else think we need to do a better job of getting the ball in the paint?

HighlandHomie - I'm not sure you'd want to wife her up. Not sure shes the type of girl you can tie down. Unless you are rich. She would be fun to date though.

I love what the Jazz are doing so far this year. Coach Quin has changed this culture and actually coaches each individual player.
BUT does anyone else think we need to do a better job of getting the ball in the paint?

Trey and Alec need to be able to do that consistently this year off the bounce. in coach Snyder's offense we can already see there are plenty of actions that allow Hayward to catch the ball on the move at the perimeter and get into the lane to create. That will always open up everything for us.

They've also done a decent job at getting Favs (and Kanter to a smaller extent) touches on the block and letting him go to work with three Jazz guys on the weakside. I'd imagine they'll go to that well more as matchups call for it, but I think we need to be perimeter/ball-screen oriented as we are now with this roster.

The biggest danger of our offense stalling out is if our guards can't get into the lane off the dribble.

Trey and Alec need to be able to do that consistently this year off the bounce. in coach Snyder's offense we can already see there are plenty of actions that allow Hayward to catch the ball on the move at the perimeter and get into the lane to create. That will always open up everything for us.

They've also done a decent job at getting Favs (and Kanter to a smaller extent) touches on the block and letting him go to work with three Jazz guys on the weakside. I'd imagine they'll go to that well more as matchups call for it, but I think we need to be perimeter/ball-screen oriented as we are now with this roster.

The biggest danger of our offense stalling out is if our guards can't get into the lane off the dribble.

Good post
repped

I think we probably have a tough loss tonight mainly because we played last night, and had to fight and play alot of minutes as well.

But like i said in the gamethread last night, i think we match up well with them.

Lowry is not super fast/quick and also not real big (though he is pretty strong) better matchup for trey than alot of the pg's in the league
Burks struggles with bullying big guards and great three point shooters (since he loses his man alot when he helps).... derozan is neither.
Hayward is killing it right now and is > ross
amir johnson is no blake griffin or dirk nowitzki.... kanter should be ok.
Favors can contain valancuanis and is > than him.

Thier bench is solid and much better than ours. Lou williams scares me

Yes they are a better team than the jazz right now but i like our chances.

Ya I agree that we should be a ball screen oriented offense mostly. It does seem like we rely on it too often. I would like to see Favors and Kanter in the post just a little more though. For the experience factor and also just giving the opposing team something else to worry about. Just a little more here and there and if they can improve in the post then increase. Keep the ball screen as the dominate part of the game but give the bigs some more practice down low so if they guards can't get in the lane we have another threat possibly depending on match ups.

can't wait till the game. time to beat them raptors. this is 21st century, raptors will extinct tonight

Kind of expect to lose this one.

Just don't see how Hayward is going to have any energy tonight after having to handle Melo in the post all night.

Kind of expect to lose this one.

Just don't see how Hayward is going to have any energy tonight after having to handle Melo in the post all night.

Ya i expect last nights game to have an effect too

Yeah tonight's game is the toughest of the road trip, Raptors are by far the best team, it is the last game of the road trip, 5th game in 7 nights and last nights emotional victory.

Hoping with Kanter's low minutes last game he will be able to help carry the team offensively through stretches and somehow the bench really steps up and provides a lift to give the Jazz a chance at the end.

For AK_MVP.

This is the game to find out if

1311356405jonasvalaninas.jpg

is better than

enes-kanter_239059.jpg

If Enes loses the first half, expect him to go double or nothing

enes-kanter-girlfriend-f2449.jpg

Ernes-Kanter.jpg

Reactions: MVP
Unless the bench and Enes have a big night, I think this is a loss. No big deal, I don't see them winning this type of game yet.

Booker will play well, he usually brings it against TOR. JV v Gobert will be cool to see, I can see Gobert giving him trouble.

Reactions: MVP

Yes, though now IMO their big massive priority is limiting their turnovers. I was impressed with how well they protected the ball in the 2nd half after their absolutely disgraceful first half performance.

Getting Hood back would be helpful. Raps have a lot of wings that can attack the basket. They may run Utah out of the building on transition.

On the plus side they're not very big - Jonas does not play heavy minutes and when he's not in the game they're usually playing small ball. Favors should have another high efficiency night.

This one is gonna be a struggle at best. Could be a 4th period a lot like the one in Atlanta.