What's new

1999 NBA Draft

homeytennis

In the 1999 draft the Jazz had 4 picks: Quincy Lewis, AK47, Scott Padgett and the legendary Eddie Lucas. Other than AK this was a big swing and a miss imho. Mr. Lucas is now a personal trainer and civil engineer. Padgett and Lewis were garbage as NBA players. Kind of makes you wonder if they had hit gold would Stock and Mail have gotten a championship. For the record Manu Ginoblli was in that draft.

Karl Malone knows if they would have drafted Manu we would have had da chompionship. Karl Malone would never go to Lakers and would make sure he had a ring for Larry.

From 17 on there were 2 players left that turned out to be worth anything. Jazz got one of them. Nothing really to complain about. . .

From 17 on there were 2 players left that turned out to be worth anything. Jazz got one of them. Nothing really to complain about. . .

Exactly. Outside of Ginobili (who every other team whiffed on), there was nobody worth taking. The Jazz would have had to package all their picks to move into the top ten and might have been able to get Shawn Marion, but it could be argued if he was that much better than AK at their peaks.

Devean George (23) and Kenny Thomas (22) probably would have been better additions and solid bench/role players and probably better than Padgett and Lewis.

Devean George (23) and Kenny Thomas (22) probably would have been better additions and solid bench/role players and probably better than Padgett and Lewis.

You know it's time to close a thread when we think 'God, if we only would have drafted Devean George...'

Please!! The AK pick was every bit as bad. If not for the jazz maxing out AK maybe we could've put more players around Williams and contended.
You know it's time to close a thread when we think 'God, if we only would have drafted Devean George...'

Post of the thread. Ended!!!

Please!! The AK pick was every bit as bad. If not for the jazz maxing out AK maybe we could've put more players around Williams and contended.
The AK pick was a great pick. It's ridiculous to say that they shouldn't have done it because his attitude changed in an unforseeable way causing his contract to become an albatross several years down the road.

The AK pick was a great pick. It's ridiculous to say that they shouldn't have done it because his attitude changed in an unforseeable way causing his contract to become an albatross several years down the road.

Just saying we would've been better off not picking him. My opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbelievable. Picking him was definitely not a mistake. There is absolutely no question he was a good pick. I can see a legit argument that they should have traded him instead of maxing him or something like that, but to say they shouldn't have picked him because years down the road things didn't work out is just plain stupid. You could make a similar retarted argument that we shouldn't have drafted Williams (only in that case we would have probably ended up with Paul so you'd make more sense). Who do you think they should have taken instead of Kirilenko?

Unbelievable. Picking him was definitely not a mistake. There is absolutely no question he was a good pick. I can see a legit argument that they should have traded him instead of maxing him or something like that, but to say they shouldn't have picked him because years down the road things didn't work out is just plain stupid. You could make a similar retarted argument that we shouldn't have drafted Williams (only in that case we would have probably ended up with Paul so you'd make more sense). Who do you think they should have taken instead of Kirilenko?

Dear god.. Get over yourself. I never said we shouldn't have drafted him, just mentioning the detriment he was to the Jazz. And how much better we'd have been had the Jazz had an extra 16-17 million lying around to buy free agents. Settle down Nancy.

Dear god.. Get over yourself. I never said we shouldn't have drafted him, just mentioning the detriment he was to the Jazz. And how much better we'd have been had the Jazz had an extra 16-17 million lying around to buy free agents. Settle down Nancy.

Well I have agree, you are notmaking much sense....don't draft players because they may become all stars and then might suck is suck way to do basketball .

We could have still offered AK a max contract if we didn't draft him......

It's dumb to say drafting him was a detriment to the franchise.

then drafting d-will was a mistake because he got Sloan to retire and left for the bigger lights in Brooklyn. damn jazz why did draft him knowing he was going to leave

Read your own posts. You said exactly what you claimed you didn't say in the bolded quote above not once, but twice, Nancy.

Read your own posts. You said exactly what you claimed you didn't say in the bolded quote above not once, but twice, Nancy.

Nope. I think I said the AK pIck was just as bad but never said we shouldn't have picked him. Then I said something like maxing him screwed us basically. But I never said we shouldn't have drafted him, I'm trying to say maxing him made him not so much a good pick in response to the post saying we got one of two remaining good players from pick 17 to whatever.

Nope. I think I said the AK pIck was just as bad but never said we shouldn't have picked him. Then I said something like maxing him screwed us basically. But I never said we shouldn't have drafted him, I'm trying to say maxing him made him not so much a good pick in response to the post saying we got one of two remaining good players from pick 17 to whatever.

Take five seconds to read your own posts before you come here telling us that they say something completely different than what they actually do.

I did u dumbass!! Show me anywhere where I said we shouldn't have picked him?!?!? I did say maxing him screwed us.

U need to shut the hell up and stop telling me what I said!

Next time *******!! Say oh pardon my idiocy. I misread ur post then move on

Good hell!! U r like my sister, she has to argue any and everything regardless of how stupid or relevant something might be!

Maybe *******, just maybe u should go back and re-read my posts, and if u r still coming up with the same conclusion, then u need to delete ur account and save me the aggravation of continuing to call u an idiot!!