What's new

1999 NBA Draft

The upside here is that it is always better to pick all-stars in the draft than it is to miss on them. ALWAYS. What happens years down the road is immaterial.

I did u dumbass!! Show me anywhere where I said we shouldn't have picked him?!?!? I did say maxing him screwed us.

U need to shut the hell up and stop telling me what I said!

Next time *******!! Say oh pardon my idiocy. I misread ur post then move on

Good hell!! U r like my sister, she has to argue any and everything regardless of how stupid or relevant something might be!

Maybe *******, just maybe u should go back and re-read my posts, and if u r still coming up with the same conclusion, then u need to delete ur account and save me the aggravation of continuing to call u an idiot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I already did show you, but here it is again.
Just saying we would've been better off not picking him. My opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Were you dropped on your head as a child? Fortunately they invented the ignore option for people like you. I'm done with this stupid conversation.

Just saying we would've been better off not picking him. My opinion
Just to clarify...You're saying that an NBA team is better off not selecting a player in the draft that becomes an all-star and all-NBA defensive team selection. Especially because said player would command a max contract. And if you're picking in the 20's and he's the BPA, even moreso you should NOT pick a player such as this. The lesson here is to draft the ****tiest players available to safeguard the franchise from having to shell out big money on max contracts should said player turn out to be an all-star. OK got it.

then drafting d-will was a mistake because he got Sloan to retire and left for the bigger lights in Brooklyn. damn jazz why did draft him knowing he was going to leave

Not really when you consider that drafting Deron led us to acquiring Favors, Kanter and a pick we used to secure Burke. We can debate how good those last two will ever be, but Favors today is 90 times the player that Deron is today.

Screw it guys, we should have never drafted that idiot karl Malone. He led us to the finals, only to lose to the GOAT. If he was not going to win us some chips, he could have at least let us know before we wasted the damn 13th pick in the draft on him. What a jerk. I wish we never would have darfted him.

Am I thejazzfanning right?

That this thread was started by someone who champions players who will never be as good as Padgett or Lewis is pretty amusing.

Also, Manu lasted as long as he did because of his contract status in Europe.

That this thread was started by someone who champions players who will never be as good as Padgett or Lewis is pretty amusing.

Also, Manu lasted as long as he did because of his contract status in Europe.

I think the DLeague dudes the Jazz signed this year are better than Lewis or Padgett were on their best nights.

Screw it guys, we should have never drafted that idiot karl Malone. He led us to the finals, only to lose to the GOAT. If he was not going to win us some chips, he could have at least let us know before we wasted the damn 13th pick in the draft on him. What a jerk. I wish we never would have darfted him.

Am I thejazzfanning right?
You're on your way, but next you have to start insulting people for pointing out the errors in your logic. Then when it finally sinks through your thick skull that you were wrong you need to lose your grip on reality, question their reading comprehension, and state with furious confidence that your words meant something totally contrary to how every sane person would interperet them.

Feel free to use the response below to fuel your uncontrollable rage:

I don't agree. Seems like Malone was a pretty good pick.

Just to clarify...You're saying that an NBA team is better off not selecting a player in the draft that becomes an all-star and all-NBA defensive team selection. Especially because said player would command a max contract. And if you're picking in the 20's and he's the BPA, even moreso you should NOT pick a player such as this. The lesson here is to draft the ****tiest players available to safeguard the franchise from having to shell out big money on max contracts should said player turn out to be an all-star. OK got it.
Not at all what I said

giphy.gif