What's new

2011 draft.....

Stay close to a radio or computer today till about 1-o'clock. All draft pick trades have to completed by Noon mtn time. I have a feeling Jazz fanz will have something to talk about.

Stay close to a radio or computer today till about 1-o'clock. All draft pick trades have to completed by Noon mtn time. I have a feeling Jazz fanz will have something to talk about.

Has it always been like this? I always thought they could make trades during the draft...

You can make trades during the draft also. Tema have to know which players are available when they are trading for picks, gut there is a window that closes today at 12 that will reopen come the actual draft.

Really hoping Kemba drops to 12. Kanter + Kemba is homerun.

Jimmer is fine. No Klay please.

My heart is already starting to pound. Can't wait until 1am!!!

To answer the question about trading draft picks. If the picks are traded before the draft it has to be done by Noon. So if you want your guy to wear your team hat when he shakes Sterns hand--the deal has to be done before noon.

Trades can still happen durring the draft.

In trading news:

Aran Smith: We hear there is a 3 team deal in the works with Utah moving to 2 Wash to 3 and Minn moving down to 6 #NBAdraft 1 minute ago

I think Utah had a deal in place with Washington and Minnesota got wind of it and through themselves into the middle of it. They started the Kanter draft talk yesterday to force the Jazz and Bullets to include the Timberpups in dealings.

Kahn likes collecting draft picks more than he likes to actually assemble a team.

Maybe the draft becomes:

1- Irving
2- Jonas
3- Kanter

leaving cleveland without the coveted big man.

I think Utah had a deal in place with Washington and Minnesota got wind of it and through themselves into the middle of it. They started the Kanter draft talk yesterday to force the Jazz and Bullets to include the Timberpups in dealings.

Kahn likes collecting draft picks more than he likes to actually assemble a team.

Maybe the draft becomes:

1- Irving
2- Jonas
3- Kanter

leaving cleveland without the coveted big man.

Yes, because the consensus #2 pick in the draft Derrick Williams who stands 6'9 isn't a coveted big man.

Yes, because the consensus #2 pick in the draft Derrick Williams who stands 6'9 isn't a coveted big man.

You are right, while Williams stands 6'-9" he says he is a small forward, so technically he is not a big man. Sorry I should've said CENTER instead of big man.

Tom Ziller: Per @Adrian Wojnarowski: Jonas is popular and causing drama up top #NBADraft https://sbn.to/mHdZwj 2 minutes ago

Read more: https://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1Q7juyVDr

Jonas to Jazz still a possibility.

Last edited:
I hope this isn't a Kanter/Jimmer draft, but I can't really complain if that's the angle. It increasingly looks like Biyombo/JV won't slide so it might be the best course. I'm almost leaning toward a trade back for JV, or selecting him outright over Kanter. But my dream is still Knight/Biyombo/JV. I wonder if KOC can pull that off.

Why is Irving considered a great floor leader and true point guard when he only averaged 4.3 assists? Knight averaged 4.2 that .1 is a big difference I guess. I know he played less minutes than Knight but he seems like a shoot first PG more similar to Rose than CP3.

More rumors from hoops hype
Adrian Wojnarowski: Y! Sports Latest Draft Buzz: Atlanta dangling Josh Smith to Minnesota for No. 2 pick, eyeing Enes Kanter. https://tinyurl.com/685gk82 Twitter

This would be great because Dwill would slide to us. Also would you guys consider this trade if Kanter is there at 3 for us? There might be better trades but Josh Smith > Kanter. Josh Smith could be a solid 3 for us.

That's a lot of assists in college basketball.

So Jimmer and Knight had great assist numbers in college? because they averaged the same. I know players dont put up 10+ assists in college but 4 for a pg in college is still pretty meh. 4.3 does not rank in the top 100 for players in college this last season.

So Jimmer and Knight had great assist numbers in college? because they averaged the same. I know players dont put up 10+ assists in college but 4 for a pg in college is still pretty meh. 4.3 does not rank in the top 100 for players in college this last season.
4.3 is right at 100th, but there are over 300 college basketball teams, and both Knight and Irving were freshman. Also, keep in mind that Irving shared the court with Nolan Smith on occasion (Jimmer had the ball in his hands a hell of a lot more than Irving), so it's understandable that his assists aren't in the lofty 6+ range (15 players attained the mark this last season).

4.3 is right at 100th, but there are over 300 college basketball teams, and both Knight and Irving were freshman. Also, keep in mind that Irving shared the court with Nolan Smith on occasion (Jimmer had the ball in his hands a hell of a lot more than Irving), so it's understandable that his assists aren't in the lofty 6+ range (15 players attained the mark this last season).

Good point, I still wouldnt put him in the CP3 talk though is my point I guess. I also think there is not that much gap between Irving and Knight.

Good point, I still wouldnt put him in the CP3 talk though is my point I guess. I also think there is not that much gap between Irving and Knight.
Irving is a lot more polished at this point (shot 57% on 2s, 46% on 3s and 90% on free throws vs. 46%-38%-80% for Knight), but Knight has a better body and is purportedly highly intelligent. If the Jazz can land Derrick Williams AND Brandon Knight, wow.