What's new

2011 draft.....

I think we took decent players. I wonder if there is going to be a trade. Our roster is pretty unbalanced.

That Jonas Valanciunas interview was fantastic.

"You say your game is similar to Chris Bosh. How so?"
"I really don't know. Maybe because my body is not so strong."
"..."
"..."
"And you're very quick on your feet."

Sadly, it was better than Kyrie's interview. That guy was in another world.

Why is everybody saying if Derrick Williams is available at #3 the Jazz should pass on him? Just because Locke posted one scouting report and said he doesn;t go hard, doesn't mean everybody should change their opinion on him. Before that nobody was mentioning anything about him being lazy or he has no work eithic. If Williams is available at #3 I would hope the Jazz would take him, he is considered the one or two sure prospects in this draft. Not to mention he might have the highest potential out of everyone.

Drafting Williams is like drafting another Millsap, who thought of that? Williams is a small forward and plays nothing like Millsap. Williams is a MUCH better offensive player, but not as good of a rebounder as Millsap.

More proof we should listen to Locke! Huehuehue i keed i keed

I think the problem that Dwill_PwnasaurasRex was referring to was the way the interviewer phrased the question, suggests that Jan doesn't have a firm grip on what type of player he is. Dwill_PwnasaurasRex correct me if I'm wrong.

Lol @ people saying we should pass on Dwill3 if he drops.

A week ago people are praying he falls to us, and now some of you are saying "meh I'll pass".

The thought of drafting Williams tears me up for a number of reasons. One of them being that if he's there at #3, you HAVE to draft him. You just have to. If you're not in love with him, then at worst, you find someone who is.

This is what alot of Jazz fans are missing when they compare Millsap and Williams. Derrick Williams is not this undersized PF who mirrors everything Millsap does. Not only is he younger, more explosive and a better finisher around the rim, but he has a bigger wingspan and standing reach than Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Tyler Hansbrough, Al Horford, Udonis Haslem, Drew Gooden, Troy Murphy David Lee, and Josh Smith.
So let's say his transition to SF takes longer than expected or he just doesn't make it as an NBA-SF - fine, he still has the potential to be an above-average NBA PF and that makes him a pretty safe pick IMO.

Some new game footage of Enes Kanter is circulating from his prep school days. I'm watching one game now. It's fairly underwhelming stuff.

I don't know if he's just tired here or what but he looks really lethargic playing vs very weak competition. Getting destroyed on defense.

From DX Twitter feeed

I don't think he can play 3, at least not full time. People keep comparing him to Pierce, but Pierce has a calm/cool handle. Like he is always in control. Williams looks kind of spastic when he dribbles.

Cy lookin like a prophet! Others... not so much.

Sorry im bein a total hater but this is fun to read!