What's new

2011 draft.....

I watch quite a bit of college basketball, trust me when I say that Hayward is a better 2-guard than Harrison Barnes.

If Irving doesn't come out this year, trade our Net's first for a team that's gonna have a lottery pick next year and take Irving and Austin Rivers (Doc's son). That would be one hell of a backcourt for the future.

I don't know you but Jesus you just got me very excited.

I saw Terence Jones today. Guy is an athlete and tough but he plays more like a PF than a SF. His shot mechanics need a lot of work. He is a 66% FT shooter.

Harrison Barnes - didn't live up to all the hype. Few do but recently ha has been playing great. His percentages are probably done due to his slow start. I will keep my eye on him to see if he continues to develop. I think his transition to the NBA will be smoother than Jones because Jones is more of an inside player (at least the time I saw him).

Derrick Williams - He would be my pick except I am concerned that his true position is more PF than SF. He can shoot the lights out from anywhere. This is important because from what I've read he wasn't a great outside shooter when he was a Freshman.

Jimmer - I think he can play in the NBA. I think he would be a really good spark plug off the bench and the Jazz do need some one who can make a jumpshot coming off the bench. If the Jazz have a pick at 14, then I would definitely consider him.

I haven't really seen any of the other players. I would love to get Derrick Williams if he can play SF.

Harris
Hayward
Williams
AJ
Favors

Now that would be a young and talented starting squad.

My board right now is,
Derrick Williams (just because we need another "DWill.")
Kyrie Irving (but I hope we don't get him, we need wings more than a PG).
Perry Jones
Terrence Jones
Harrison Barnes
Kawhi Leonard
Jimmer

I put Jimmer in there becuase if we can;t get an impact SF, then we may as well get a replacement for Ronnie P. who can actually shoot. He'd fill the stands. KOC could then use the GS pick to trade for a wing.

I'm not sure I'm quite buying into Derrick Williams just yet. He looks like a tweener, or undersized PF, kind of in the mold of Larry Johnson. He's quicker than Johnson was though and probably has slightly better body control. Even if he can keep polishing his game into an NBA power 3 like Carmello, I just don't know how much he'd impact the game on both ends. What's his 'D' like?

Harrison Barnes looks like a nice player, like a Danny Granger with some better moves and a confident handle. I like how he gets low on his dribble and aggressively drives the ball. The Jazz don't have a player who can do that. He has good explosion going to the rim too. The question would be his range and his consistency from mid-range. If he can play SG he has awesome length.

Perry Jones looks like he could be a real handful, like a better, more focused hungrier version of Lamar Odom.

Why's everyone so down on this year's draft? There isn't quite a John Wall or Demarcus Cousins, but there is some good talent in the lottery. I would say last year's draft was pretty weak actually.

Please dont get a SG who can actually shoot...must get a super jumper with tons of 'talent'.... wsigh

Problem is there does not appear to be a quality SG who can shoot

Exactly. Most mocks have no SG's in the top-10. KOC will need to make a trade if he wants to improve that position, which he could very well do with a couple extra lottery picks in hand.

I think I'm just about sold on Derrick Williams, although most mocks having going higher than we'll probably be picking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze3NXkUmLKA

With our 2nd lottery pick how about Paul Millsap Jr. - Kenneth Faried. Leads the NCAA in PER and Rebounding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o00Rh6Qdkow

will likely be passed over because he plays at a small school. but he put up nice #'s against Florida(20p-18r-2st-2b) and Ohio State(15p-12r-5st-2b)

He seems more of a Millsap/Evans hyrbid. He has Millsap's height, but Evans jumping ability. He is a very good scorer around the rim like both Millsap and Evans. The biggest red flag is he has no jump shot and is a terrible foul shooter. Being a senior, that is a huge concern. Millsap didn't either, and only through sheer hard work did he become a good shooter. That type of player is 1 in a 100. KOC would have to be pretty convinced he would spend 3 hours a day at the gym like Millsap does to improve himself.

I assume he's playing the 4? His athleticism is impressive, but I'm not so eager to see another undersized power forward in a Jazz uniform.

I thought we don't have a second round pick.

And please somehow get Derrick Williams. Dude can score, shoot, defend, rebound and is an athletic freak.

After looking at the standings I just don't see how we get above the 7th pick. They're not going to catch the Clippers, but they could catch possibly the Pistons.

Looking at the teams 1-5, Toronto, Sacramento and Washington are only a game and a half back. I don't see Minny losing their spot and same with the Cavs even though the Cavs have won 3 out of the last 6. I have high expectations this could be a #3 pick, especially if Deron would rest and/or some lottery luck