What's new

2013 Chicago Combine May 15-19

ok so I dvr'd the combine and watched it a couple times over the weekend. Is this realistic and would we be happy with this draft:

14. Michael Carter-Williams - he tested better athletically than I thought he would and I just like his size and passing ability. I think his J can be fixed (hopefully Hornacek sticks around, though). He also gives Utah some flexibility to play both guard positions.

21. Shane Larkin - liked him before, but really liking him now. Tested well athletically, is quick and can shoot. Maybe not a starter, but a quality backup for sure. Could bring some much needed energy off the bench.

46. Reggie Bullock - solid shooter that could be a steal in a couple years. Probably should have stayed at UNC one more year, but I like his potential.

2013/14 lineup:

Carter-Williams / Larkin / Veteran FA
Burks / Bullock / Murphy
Hayward / Williams / Carroll
Favors / Veteran FA / Evans
Kanter / Tomic

If MCW doesn't have great work outs (not able to sink those jumpers consistently), then I think he could drop to us. Larkin should still be there so yes I can see that happening.

Would I be happy with a MCW/Larkin draft? Yes I would be - I know 99.99% of the board won't be though, there's a lot of hate on MCW at the moment. I can see why though, after years being stuck with Earl Watson and Tinsley, we need someone who can make that 3's when the defense collapse.

But his shot is not broken and if Hornacek can work with him, why not? It's a big "IF" though I have to admit.

after all said,
this draft, talent-wise, may not be as shallow as once believed.
I am checking now and then some mock drafts and I see pro-material players getting picked in the 2. round according to these mocks.
Jazz was picking Olynyk, K. Caldwell-Pope and Myck Kabongo here
not too shabby, I'd say!

I'm willing to trade up if needed to get Schroeder. I'm also ready to give him the starting job. Get Adonis Thomas in the second round if available.

Schroeder - FA
Burks - Webster
Hayward - Dunleavy - Carroll - Adonis Thomas
Kanter - Landry - Carroll
Favors - Dalembert

I'm willing to trade up if needed to get Schroeder. I'm also ready to give him the starting job. Get Adonis Thomas in the second round if available.

Schroeder - FA
Burks - Webster
Hayward - Dunleavy - Carroll - Adonis Thomas
Kanter - Landry - Carroll
Favors - Dalembert

I'm good with everyone on that list except Dunleavy.

Last edited:
I can't even begin to describe how wrong you are on your Burke's evaluation.

Well, begin, I want to hear it. I actually wasn't that impressed with DWill out of college. Obviously, when he came to the pros he showed a lot more and I was wrong about him. So let's hear your comparison.

MC-W all the way!!!!

Can't wait till hottie Triple K and I are completely vindicated with our superior talent recognition!!

Shabazz

[video]https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=shabazz+muhammad&view=detail&mid=AA430B6FACD51249FC93AA430B6FACD51249FC93&first=0&FORM=NVPFVR

Shabazz

[video]https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=shabazz+muhammad&view=detail&mid=AA430B6FACD51249FC93AA430B6FACD51249FC93&first=0&FORM=NVPFVR

interesting he has put on weight since high school. i wish it was more muscle but he would trim down in the nba