What's new

2014 Draft Combine

Dwayne Wade isn't much taller than 6'3". If I remember he was an average shooter in the draft.

smart is 6ft 2 barefoot. wade is 6ft 3 3/4 barefoot. that's a big difference if you ask me.

also, wade is much better athlete than smart. better hip, more fluid, and much better first step. wade could attack the rim at will.

Smart's weight is a huge red flag. He isn't very tall and he's already too heavy for his position. Most guards in this league will blow past his pizza ***.

Smart's weight is a huge red flag. He isn't very tall and he's already too heavy for his position. Most guards in this league will blow past his pizza ***.

Smart actually tested really in the quickness drills at the combine iirc, and is known for his great defense

He tested better in the lane agility that the likes of Wall, Westbrook, and CP3.

He constantly blew by guards in college and was able to stay in front of them on the defensive end.

smart is 6ft 2 barefoot. wade is 6ft 3 3/4 barefoot. that's a big difference if you ask me.

also, wade is much better athlete than smart. better hip, more fluid, and much better first step. wade could attack the rim at will.

What are their wingspans, that's more important then height.

He tested better in the lane agility that the likes of Wall, Westbrook, and CP3.

He constantly blew by guards in college and was able to stay in front of them on the defensive end.

He gave Wiggins the hardest time of anyone. He also did a good job against Exum during the FIBA tournament last summer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Trashtalk

Yes and no. What it means is that a player is strong. Kevin Durant is a great player, but he's 6'11" and despite being taller than every defender he plays against, he does very little on the low block. Why? He can't back anybody down because he lacks strength. Yes, he's great, but if he were stronger, he'd be even better.

Very few players back down players now a days because of the rule changes. Bench pressing is way down the list with me when it comes to evaluating basketball players.

Very few players back down players now a days because of the rule changes. Bench pressing is way down the list with me when it comes to evaluating basketball players.

Players that can finish through contact tend to be top level players. Strength is a big component when it comes to finishing through contact.

He gave Wiggins the hardest time of anyone. He also did a good job against Exum during the FIBA tournament last summer.

There are questions about Smart, but defense isn't one of them. You'd have to be beyond retarded to questions Smart's defense.

Of course his pizza *** was able to lock people down in college. They don't call wussy touch fouls out on the perimeter. Plus teams can camp in the paint. Let's see Smart stay in front of Westbrook and Parker. It ain't the same as locking down some white kid from Oklahoma

Let's see Smart stay in front of Westbrook and Parker. It ain't the same as locking down some white kid from Oklahoma

There are questions about Smart, but defense isn't one of them. You'd have to be beyond retarded to questions Smart's defense.

my 2 cents

stauskas with good agility drill. good overall ahtleticism & size. i really want him at #23, but he will be gone most likely
lavine & grob are athletic. both might end up top 20.
gordon will not drop out of top 5. good height, explosive, and 39".
early with good combine. not sure if he will be there at #23
gotta admit vonleh is impressive.

vert - big dudes can improve their verts alot first 2-3 years in the nba. blake griffin & dwight howard for ex.
agility & sprint - can be deceiving. d rose didn't have a good number, but he is always the fastest guy on the court. it's like 40 at nfl combine. some dudes just never practiced these drills.

Just because a player can bust his butt for a drill doesn't mean he'll make the same effort and be as fast in an actual game. Ask Derrick Williams.

If the Jazz can draft Smart or Exum and then trade Trey Burke in a deal that lands Stauskas or McDermott, I think that's a good move overall.

That's probably plan D after drafting Wiggins, Parker or Embiid.