What's new

2014 Draft Combine

There have been times when darftnet has had some ridiculous takes that, tbh, they were spot on. /blindsquirrel

Anyway, for the longest time they had Gordon at BOTTOM of 1st round.

If he starts dropping we need to package picks and go get him!!!

What does Gordon do that makes you dream of championships? His FT is poor, his on ball defense is average, his shooting is questionable, he doesn't have an offensive game, he doesn't shoot the ball lights out, too small for a PF, not a good enough shooter for a SF, etc, etc.

He is athleticism is amazing, but what does he actually do? His biggest asset is as a weak side defender. Is that something you risk your job for? I dunno.

I think gordon is one of those players that looking at stats and box scores doesnt mean much.

I didnt like gordon at all until the very end of the season..... when i watched him play a few times.
He was all over the court doing a little bit of everything. Bothering shots, tipping reebounds to teammates, hustling for loose balls, etc.
He is a joy to watch.... i think kirilenko is a good comp and if AK would have continued to play like he did before he got his huge contract then he would have been a HUGE asset to a team.

I love gordons motor and all around game..... if he continues to work hard then he could be special

I think gordon is one of those players that looking at stats and box scores doesnt mean much.

I didnt like gordon at all until the very end of the season..... when i watched him play a few times.
He was all over the court doing a little bit of everything. Bothering shots, tipping reebounds to teammates, hustling for loose balls, etc.
He is a joy to watch.... i think kirilenko is a good comp and if AK would have continued to play like he did before he got his huge contract then he would have been a HUGE asset to a team.

I love gordons motor and all around game..... if he continues to work hard then he could be special

I agree. I like Gordon. My point is, if you are sitting at #6, and your options are Vonleh, Randle, Smart, Gordon and McDermott, you can look at the other players and project them into something. What do you project Gordon as?

AK. And while AK is a really nice piece, you can't build around him. I think Gordon will be a very, very good player. But I'm not sure he is a building block.

I agree. I like Gordon. My point is, if you are sitting at #6, and your options are Vonleh, Randle, Smart, Gordon and McDermott, you can look at the other players and project them into something. What do you project Gordon as?

AK. And while AK is a really nice piece, you can't build around him. I think Gordon will be a very, very good player. But I'm not sure he is a building block.

Good post.

Randle, gordon, vonleh, smart are a toss up imo.

I dont know what the right pick would be and wouldnt be upset with any of them..... well actually i would be a little upset if we took smart while randle, gordon, and vonleh were still on the board

Good post.

Randle, gordon, vonleh, smart are a toss up imo.

I dont know what the right pick would be and wouldnt be upset with any of them..... well actually i would be a little upset if we took smart while randle, gordon, and vonleh were still on the board

I might have to take a 1-year sabbatical from JazzFanz if this happens.

I would argue you can measure heart and desire and Randle to me has plenty of both.

This message was brought to you via a mobile device kkKKKkkkKKKKkkKKKKKkKKKkkkkkKKkkkkkkkkKKKkkkkkk

problem is that some dudes are just happy to make the big league. they made it. dream of playing nba achieved. and that burning desire may disappear when they start shopping for lambos and mansions. this league has plenty of them.