What's new

2015 Annual JazzFanz Current Players Draft

Yeah we had that originally then the trade thing only came in since last year I think...

I guess we can take a vote next year whether we allow trades, but to be honest with you the competition this year has been some of the most competitive Jazzfanz has ever seen. Another way of looking at it is you are more free to build the team you want exactly (i.e., Spy with his Chicago team plus Marc Gasol, etc). The same goes with Thee with his Cousins/Wall pairing. There is no way they would have been able to build those teams if trades weren't allowed.

So yeah, I dunno if it's a good thing, but the competition is certainly pretty competitive.

Yeah but the counterpoint to those teams are teams that end up decidedly at the bottom of the pack. I would be more interested to see what people view as the BPA at their pick and how they can put that team together that way. To me that really shows BBall IQ among the JazzFanzers, rather than just good salesmanship for a few.

Yeah but the counterpoint to those teams are teams that end up decidedly at the bottom of the pack. I would be more interested to see what people view as the BPA at their pick and how they can put that team together that way. To me that really shows BBall IQ among the JazzFanzers, rather than just good salesmanship for a few.

Yeah and we did do that for about 2 years (no trades), then last year we started the trades plus this year... I'm sure the competition will evolve again somehow. May be u can be a part of that evolution?

Yeah and we did do that for about 2 years (no trades), then last year we started the trades plus this year... I'm sure the competition will evolve again somehow. May be u can be a part of that evolution?

I was in the all-time draft 2 years ago I think. Might have been last year but I don't think so. I had a lot going on last summer. Anyway the last one I was in we had no trades and I felt like the teams were a better representation of BBall IQ of the drafters rather than trade ability. Idk we can go so many routes with it. We could also randomize every round and see where that gets us. Lots of ways to spice it up a bit.

When does the second round start? When do we need our writeups in by?

"Second round" is really the 2nd chance round where the team that lost by the narrowest margin in the first round go up against Ellis for the final spot in the quarterfinal...

Then the "Third round" is effectively the quarterfinal.

Round 1 is officially over.

Teams that advance by virtue of winning their matchups:

Cunning Linguist
LogGrad98
Eminence
Framer
One Love
Hack
Thee jazz fan

Spycam1 received 42.11% of his vote.
Tfivas received 22.22% of his vote.
Cy received 44.00% of his vote.
Howard received 32.14% of his vote.
Siro received 41.67% of his vote.
A-Train received 34.62% of his vote.
Jeffrey received 42.11% of his vote.

Cy advances by virtue of the losing team that received the highest percentage of his votes.

Round 2 is officially open.

Ellis269 vs. Cy

This matchup will start tomorrow and when it's over, I will announce the new matchups for Round 3.

I think siro got screwed.
Really nice team man

I will win it next year now that I know if you want to win don't try to build a team that will an NBA championship but to build the sexiest team possible that catches the eye

Amazing how much more success I have in the current draft and how bad I've been in the all time draft. In two years of doing the all time draft I have yet to win a vote. Last year I came within one game of the final.

Amazing how much more success I have in the current draft and how bad I've been in the all time draft. In two years of doing the all time draft I have yet to win a vote. Last year I came within one game of the final.

Yeah, this year you pretty much got a bye in the first round though.

I will win it next year now that I know if you want to win don't try to build a team that will an NBA championship but to build the sexiest team possible that catches the eye

DO NOT draft Carmelo and Lowry if you want to win.