What's new

2015 NBA Draft Combine (May 12-17)

Mudiay is skipping the entire combine.

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania
Emmanuel Mudiay won't accept his invitation to the Chicago NBA draft combine, sources tell RealGM. He'll continue training on west coast.

Emmanuel Mudiay won't accept his invitation to the Chicago NBA draft combine, sources tell RealGM. He'll continue training on west coast.

That is strange. I wonder what he hopes to gain.

That is strange. I wonder what he hopes to gain.

It's not what he hopes to gain, but what he hopes not to lose, which is draft position. A good showing isn't likely to move him any higher than where he's projected now, but a bad showing could cause him to drop.

It's not what he hopes to gain, but what he hopes not to lose, which is draft position. A good showing isn't likely to move him any higher than where he's projected now, but a bad showing could cause him to drop.

It has be proven in recent drafts that mystery is a bonus in the draft.

This seems to be the list of players that will participate in the combine:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25177694/nba-draft-combine-participant-list-released
Here is the full list:

Cliff Alexander, Kansas

Justin Anderson, Virginia

Brandon Ashley, Arizona

Ryan Boatright, Connecticut

Devin Booker, Kentucky

Anthony Brown, Stanford

Willie Cauley-Stein, Kentucky

Rakeem Christmas, Syracuse

Pat Connaughton, Notre Dame

Quinn Cook, Duke

Branden Dawson, Michigan State

George de Paula, Pinheiros (Brazil)

Sam Dekker, Wisconsin

Michael Frazier II, Florida

Treveon Graham, VCU

Jerian Grant, Notre Dame

Olivier Hanlan, Boston College

Montrezl Harrell, Louisville

Andrew Harrison, Kentucky

Aaron Harrison, Kentucky

Tyler Harvey, Eastern Washington

Corey Hawkins, UC-Davis

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Arizona

Jonathan Holmes, Texas

Richaun Holmes, Bowling Green

R.J. Hunter, Georgia State

Vince Hunter, UTEP

Mouhammadou Jaiteh, Nanterre (France)

Dakari Johnson, Kentucky

Stanley Johnson, Arizona

Tyus Jones, Duke

Frank Kaminsky, Wisconsin

Kevon Looney, UCLA

Trey Lyles, Kentucky

Jarell Martin, LSU

Chris McCullough, Syracuse

Jordan Mickey, LSU

Larry Nance, Wyoming

Kelly Oubre, Kansas

Cameron Payne, Murray State

Terran Petteway, Nebraska

Bobby Portis, Arkansas

Norman Powell, UCLA

Michael Qualls, Arkansas

Chasson Randle, Stanford

Terry Rozier, Louisville

D'Angelo Russell, Ohio State

Keifer Sykes, Wisconsin-Green Bay

TaShawn Thomas, Oklahoma

Marcus Thornton, William & Mary

J.P. Tokoto, North Carolina

Myles Turner, Texas

Robert Upshaw, Washington

Rashad Vaughn, UNLV

Chris Walker, Florida

Dez Wells, Maryland

Aaron White, Iowa

Alan Williams, UC Santa Barbara

Justise Winslow, Duke

Christian Wood, UNLV

Delon Wright, Utah

Joseph Young, Oregon

Seems like Towns, Okafor, and Mudiay are missing, as well as Hezonja and Porzingis(which is understandable since they have games with their professional clubs in Europe).

I have a lot of respect for Russell participating in the combine. He is a lock for 3 or 4.
It's bold because it is much more likely to hurt him than help him. If he does not move up to 1 or 2 (a very unlikely accomplishment) he probably would have been better off sitting out.

It's bold because it is much more likely to hurt him than help him. If he does not move up to 1 or 2 (a very unlikely accomplishment) he probably would have been better off sitting out.

Especially in light of his perceived lack of athleticism and quickness. I guess it can possibly raise his stock or cement it as a top 4 prospect(in case they are afraid he might fall) if he tests much better than expected on the athletic tests... but in general indeed I don't see much to be gained with it. Good for him that he took the challenge.

Some tweets about first workouts at the combine:

Chad Ford @chadfordinsider · 6h 6 hours ago

I'm in Chicago for my 1st pre-draft workout of the season: Sam Dekker, RJ Hunter, Bobby Portis, Cliff Alexander headline

Chad Ford @chadfordinsider · 3h 3 hours ago

I always write that Bobby Portis does everything well, nothing great. Need to revise that. Portis' motor is great. Always goes hard.

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 2h2 hours ago

RJ Hunter shot 19-25 from NBA 3 in drills. Sam Dekker went 16-for-25 in same draft workout here in Chicago.

R.J. Hunter has a plan for the ongoing NBA combine in Chicago to try to erase the checks against him. It may sound counter-intuitive, but to try and ensure that he will be a first-round pick in June’s NBA draft, Hunter said he will do everything but scrimmage at the combine. “My agent and I thought it would hurt us,” he said of Mark Bartelstein. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

seems counterintuitive to me, why would a guy fighting to be considered a first round pick avoid scrimmaging against a bunch of future d leaguers?

Last edited:
NBA Draft @NBADraft

Sam @Sam Dekker measures up at an *unofficial* 6'9 height in shoes #NBACombine @BadgerMBB https://t.co/E7VIGvXum8

ESPNU

ESPNU ‏@ESPNU
.@Original_Turner is 6'11" with shoes, 6'9 and 3/4" without, unofficially of course. Officially, that's really tall. #NBACombine

Decker's wingspan is longer than frank kaminsky's by .5". 8'3.5" to 8'3"

Wait, what?

I'm guessing you meant 7'3.5 for Dekker? If that's true they both have huge wingspans.

Wait, just looked it up. It was 83.5'' (as in 83 inches or just an inch under 7' wingspan).

Basically what I expected for Kaminsky. Dude has narrow shoulders, nothing surprising there to me. That is a pretty good number for Dekker though being at 6'11.5 wingspan, probably an inch or 2 more than I thought it would be.