What's new

2015 NBA Free Agency

Spurs to sign Serbian giant, 7'4", Boban Marjanovic.

maxresdefault.jpg

Players are allowed to change their mind. Teams are allowed to campaign for players, even after a verbal agreement with another team.

Cuban and the Mavs just need to not be babies and move on.

He has every right to change his mind. Just like he has every right to be a little bitch and not tell Cuban what he is doing.

The problem isn't that he changed his mind. The problem is he hiding away like a little bitch until it's over. All you do is call Cuban and say, "look, I have a shot to win a title. Sorry". That's it. No drama.

It's called being a big boy.

He has every right to change his mind. Just like he has every right to be a little bitch and not tell Cuban what he is doing.

The problem isn't that he changed his mind. The problem is he hiding away like a little bitch until it's over. All you do is call Cuban and say, "look, I have a shot to win a title. Sorry". That's it. No drama.

It's called being a big boy.

I agree with that. Although changing your mind is a big deal in this situation. He gave a verbal agreement to sign. If this was a business deal he would get sued over "changing his mind." Its really a low blow (which **** the Mavs and Cuban, hate them) to a franchise to commit to them in FA and have them build around you just to bail last minute with no explanation to them or communication.

@WojYahooNBA
Free agent Austin Rivers has agreed on a deal to return to the Los Angeles Clippers, league source tells Yahoo Sports

Players are allowed to change their mind. Teams are allowed to campaign for players, even after a verbal agreement with another team.

Cuban and the Mavs just need to not be babies and move on.

You'll be singing a different tune if a player ever does that to Utah, no doubt.

You'll be singing a different tune if a player ever does that to Utah, no doubt.

I don't think we will ever have to worry about that. As rare as that is, it would be even more rare for us since we rarely sign big name free agents.

@BrooklynNets
#Nets have reached an agreement in principle with free agent F/C Andrea Bargnani, GM Billy King announced today.

@SpearsNBAYahoo
Rockets signing free agent guard Marcus Thornton to a one-year minimum deal, agent Tony Dutt tells Yahoo.

@BrooklynNets
#Nets have reached an agreement in principle with free agent F/C Andrea Bargnani, GM Billy King announced today.

Wow.

I thought NBA teams were supposed to be smart, have scouts, and generally know **** about basketball.

When does the circus end there?

Denver signs Jameer Nelson to 3 year deal.

With Nelson in the fold, the Nuggets have four point guards under contract on the roster — Nelson, Lawson, Mudiay and Erick Green — and they are likely to keep only three. Green’s contract is non-guaranteed, though it has two more seasons on it. Green is playing well on the Nuggets’ summer league team. Lawson’s contract has two seasons and roughly $26 million left on it. – via Denver Post

With Mudiay playing very well in summer league, and Nelson signed for three years, does Lawson have a place in Denver anymore?

If not, where does he land?

Wow.

I thought NBA teams were supposed to be smart, have scouts, and generally know **** about basketball.

When does the circus end there?

....you know as well as I do that MOST of these GMS have smoked almost as much pot as the players they are signing!

I agree with that. Although changing your mind is a big deal in this situation. He gave a verbal agreement to sign. If this was a business deal he would get sued over "changing his mind." Its really a low blow (which **** the Mavs and Cuban, hate them) to a franchise to commit to them in FA and have them build around you just to bail last minute with no explanation to them or communication.

That lawsuit wouldn't go very far. Until you have it in writing and signed, you've got nothing.