What's new

2017 Jazz vs. 2008 Jazz - Who Wins?

Bunch of people discrediting that 2008 team... That rockets team we beat in 7 was actually pretty similar to the 2017 jazz. Anchored by 7'6 Yao and TMac, with a 3 and D wing in Battier, ala Gobert and Gordon, and ingles. 2007-2008 Boozer was an absolute monster, and I have no doubt he would score on and over power Gobert, favors, or anyone else guarding him.

https://youtu.be/F2o54nkay2I

2008 team had awful defense, especially on the post. Boozer was the worst defender big man i have seen along with Kanter and Jefferson. Memo was smart but not athletic enough. Even Deron sucked in defense.
That team had so much offensive potential but sucked defensively. On a day 2017's offense stuck, they could easily win. I take 2017 Utah in game 6.

They had AK who was covering on help defense as much as Gobert now. Yes, they where not great defensively but they were not terrible as you try to make them look. 2008 team would beat 2017 in 5 , maybe 6 games at most.

Bunch of people discrediting that 2008 team... That rockets team we beat in 7 was actually pretty similar to the 2017 jazz. Anchored by 7'6 Yao and TMac, with a 3 and D wing in Battier, ala Gobert and Gordon, and ingles. 2007-2008 Boozer was an absolute monster, and I have no doubt he would score on and over power Gobert, favors, or anyone else guarding him.

https://youtu.be/F2o54nkay2I

Rudy is a cheetah compared to Yao.

What team are we talking about here? 2007 was the year we made it to the WCF after bewat the Warriors in 5. 2008 was the year we lost to LA in 6 in round 2. We were robbed in game 5, should have been up 3-2 going back to SLC.

What team are we talking about here? 2007 was the year we made it to the WCF after bewat the Warriors in 5. 2008 was the year we lost to LA in 6 in round 2. We were robbed in game 5, should have been up 3-2 going back to SLC.

Are you referring to the no-call on the shove in the back by Gasol on that put back that put the Lakers up by 5 with little time left? Yeah that series was frustrating man... Part of me thinks that had Fisher still been on the Jazz, they would've won it all that year. Fisher played solid D on Deron... Part of the reason why Jazz fans were salty that Fisher left was because honestly had he stayed I think we would've beat the Lakers.

They had AK who was covering on help defense as much as Gobert now. Yes, they where not great defensively but they were not terrible as you try to make them look. 2008 team would beat 2017 in 5 , maybe 6 games at most.

I know you like AK but he was moody. He didnt have consistent game like Gobert.

While, I think it's debatable right now that we're the 2nd best team in the west. Houston, San Antonio, and the clippers are still better. Had Blake not gone down we would've lost in 5 or 6

We are the third best team in the west this year. Behind Golden State and San Antonio. We would beat Houston. They are fantastic offensively but heavily flawed when the pace slows or shots aren't dropping. They aren't built for playoff basketball. And LOL to that Blake comment. If we had Gobert in games 1-3 we would have swept the Clippers.

Lol

Based on what evidence?

Did we see how successful the pick and roll/pop was in the previous series? What do you think Deron would do with boozer, millsap, or memo literally every time down the court?

It's amazing how quickly fans forget things. That jazz team made it to the WFC and beat some pretty good teams to do it.

Based on length. You don't remember the Lakers series where Booze and Milly struggled against the length of Pau, Odom and that Lakers frontcourt?

2008 team had awful defense, especially on the post. Boozer was the worst defender big man i have seen along with Kanter and Jefferson. Memo was smart but not athletic enough. Even Deron sucked in defense.
That team had so much offensive potential but sucked defensively. On a day 2017's offense stuck, they could easily win. I take 2017 Utah in game 6.

Actually the 07-08 team had an above league average defensive rating. They weren't fantastic but they were solid.

It would be an interesting series. Prime DWill vs Hill would be a fun battle to watch. I think Rudy would slow Booze down at times with his length. But on the other side I think AK could make things difficult for Hayward too. The great offense that the 07-08 team had led by DWill would carry it to some wins. Especially when the offense of today's team goes through the cold stretches that it does at times. But on the other side the depth and versatility of today's team would also carry them to wins. I could see either team winning. And I think it would be a 7 game series.

2008 road record = 17-24

This team = 22-19

This year's team is better than any team Utah has had since John and Karl, IMO.

Based on length. You don't remember the Lakers series where Booze and Milly struggled against the length of Pau, Odom and that Lakers frontcourt?

Great point. Healthy Favors and Rudy would own Boozer and Sap. Even with a hobbled Favors, this team wins.

It would be an interesting series. Prime DWill vs Hill would be a fun battle to watch. I think Rudy would slow Booze down at times with his length. But on the other side I think AK could make things difficult for Hayward too. The great offense that the 07-08 team had led by DWill would carry it to some wins. Especially when the offense of today's team goes through the cold stretches that it does at times. But on the other side the depth and versatility of today's team would also carry them to wins. I could see either team winning. And I think it would be a 7 game series.

Prime DWill would DESTROY Hill.

If the 08 team had Rudy...wow. Although I think he would have slapped Boozer and Memo for sucking at defense. I just think him next to Ak would be great.

If prime dwill was on this team, that would be amazing, too bad he hasn't aged as well as his nemesis.

Sent from my VS990 using JazzFanz mobile app