What's new

2018 Annual JazzFanz Current Players NBA Draft

Gobert, Memo, Eaton, Big Al are all probably better. I'd go deeper too but you said third or fourth best

Sent from my SM-G950U using JazzFanz mobile app
Big Al? Hmmmm. I kind of felt like he wasn't around long enough or really good enough. I would say Eaton is #1, Gobert will probably pass him this year (what ever happened to that thread?), then you have to think about Memo. The thing is, Ostertag was a real beast when he wanted to be, and then a complete goofball when he wasn't interested.

Gobert, Memo, Eaton, Big Al are all probably better. I'd go deeper too but you said third or fourth best

IDK if I’d take Big Al over Tag.

Tag certainly had his faults, but he was a really good rim protector. He just suffers from being the whipping boy of Jazz nation for his career.

Anyways, Tag > Big Al.

I think with any of these on our '97 and '98 teams we have a far better chance at beating the bulls. Tag brought defense, meh offense, and a generally lackadaisical attitude, and that was about it. If he had really cared about the game he had the tools to be the best or at least 2nd best center in Jazz history. Hell even Eaton, as an offensive net-0, would have had a much bigger impact given his overwhelming defensive presence.

Put Gobert there? We win multiple rings.

I think with any of these on our '97 and '98 teams we have a far better chance at beating the bulls. Tag brought defense, meh offense, and a generally lackadaisical attitude, and that was about it. If he had really cared about the game he had the tools to be the best or at least 2nd best center in Jazz history. Hell even Eaton, as an offensive net-0, would have had a much bigger impact given his overwhelming defensive presence.

Put Gobert there? We win multiple rings.

I think so.

If we had Gobert with Stockton and Malone for sure. If we had him with the Dwill team we might have had a shot too. That was our biggest problem with that team. We had no rim protection.

An all time jazz draft would really only work if it is starters only and 5 teams max.
It was fun. I had like 20 tabs open, searching for players who looked like they belonged on a NBA court. I, secretly, wanted it to go to 12 rounds just to see how ugly it would get.

Obviously, it's a top 2 draft and I picked at 3rd but if you enjoy the drafting more than the actual competition, I would say, go for it. And we have had some really good players last 3 years, player pool is growing.