What's new

2018 (maybe first time) JazzFanz All-time NBA Draft simulation

What do you mean by this years stats? Are you talking 2017-18? If it doesn't take into account those stats then it would seem that Donovan would be quite worthless, literally, in these simulations. Yet I see Thee jazz fan saying that he lost to a team with donovan on it. How is that possible?
He subbed first year Wade for Mitchell.

He replaced Mitchell with a rookie Wade. As you can see this simulation is whack. It also requires 12 players and we only drafted 10. Meaning he adds two scrubs to every team that gets 2-3 mins each.

This is so flawed it’s not even funny. I think it had MJ scoring 8 points and still getting the win in Game 4 of the championship between Ellis and myself. We all know that isn’t happening.
So this doesn't take into account this year's stats. So if multiple players on your starting roster and team had their best year this year it's not looking good.

Run this year's playoffs as a standard for the sim to see how it does. Its not pretty.

I demand a redo. No way my pleather of all time greats and mvps loses to joe Ingles and rookie Mitchell. This sim is crap!!!

Dang y'all.

Talk about sour grapes.

So a computer attempting a sim using real data and formulas isn't better than the imaginations of Jazzfanz voter? Right. Lmfao.

He used Wade's rookie year, and Donovan had a better rookie year than Wade. He does things way better than Wade did. Namely shoot the ball and not play like a rookie. Y'all are some fake Donovan fans. Im a bigger fan of him and the Jazz than you are, and Ill remember that. Ill also wear it as a badge of honor for years to come.

Now take your medicine. We can redo this if you want. Ill win everytime because the computer won't take into account the biased bad opinions of you clowns.

Dang y'all.

Talk about sour grapes.

So a computer attempting a sim using real data and formulas isn't better than the imaginations of Jazzfanz voter? Right. Lmfao.

He used Wade's rookie year, and Donovan had a better rookie year than Wade. He does things way better than Wade did. Namely shoot the ball and not play like a rookie. Y'all are some fake Donovan fans. Im a bigger fan of him and the Jazz than you are, and Ill remember that. Ill also wear it as a badge of honor for years to come.

Now take your medicine. We can redo this if you want. Ill win everytime because the computer won't take into account the biased bad opinions of you clowns.

Take my medicine? For what? I’m not old like you.

Dang y'all.

Talk about sour grapes.

I don't want it redone. I definitely trust the opinions of voters on here more than this simulation though. Although I lost in both.

But it sounds like you are pretty bitter about losing in voting...

I don't want it redone. I definitely trust the opinions of voters on here more than this simulation though. Although I lost in both.

But it sounds like you are pretty bitter about losing in voting...

Not bitter at all. Im jubilant actually.

I picked my team the way I did knowing that I wouldn't get votes regardless of what team I put out there. I wanted all the haters to have to vote against their favorite players. Mission accomplished!

This is just the cherry on top. Ive already won this competition twice. Two years in a row. I believe no one else has ever done that before. So I have nothing left to prove. Even though I'll be blackballed from being inducted into the hall of fame. They wont even give me one of those fancy competition winner sticker things. Its ok. Its forever imprinted into the memories of people around here. You can pretends you dont know, but you know.

I should have won a 3rd time when I had this lineup.

Steph Curry
Klay Thompson
Ray Allen
Anthony Davis
Shaq

Its funny, thats the most ridiculously good lineup ever and it got voted down right when my stock was lowest here. There is no way that lineup would lose to all awkwardly trashy lineups that people put together. But it did somehow

I picked my team the way I did knowing that I wouldn't get votes regardless of what team I put out there. I wanted all the haters to have to vote against their favorite players. Mission accomplished!

This is just the cherry on top. Ive already won this competition twice. Two years in a row. I believe no one else has ever done that before. So I have nothing left to prove. Even though I'll be blackballed from being inducted into the hall of fame. They wont even give me one of those fancy competition winner sticker things. Its ok. Its forever imprinted into the memories of people around here. You can pretends you dont know, but you know.

Steph Curry
Klay Thompson
Ray Allen
Anthony Davis
Shaq

Its funny, thats the most ridiculously good lineup ever and it got voted down right when my stock was lowest here. There is no way that lineup would lose to all awkwardly trashy lineups that people put together. But it did somehow

You haven’t won in like 6-7 years. Stop living in the past old man.

Steph Curry
Klay Thompson
Ray Allen
Anthony Davis
Shaq

You say your not bitter but this post makes you sound even more bitter about this round and years past.

So this doesn't take into account this year's stats. So if multiple players on your starting roster and team had their best year this year it's not looking good.

Run this year's playoffs as a standard for the sim to see how it does. Its not pretty.

What do you mean by this years stats? Are you talking 2017-18? If it doesn't take into account those stats then it would seem that Donovan would be quite worthless, literally, in these simulations. Yet I see Thee jazz fan saying that he lost to a team with donovan on it. How is that possible?

He replaced Mitchell with a rookie Wade. As you can see this simulation is whack. It also requires 12 players and we only drafted 10. Meaning he adds two scrubs to every team that gets 2-3 mins each.

This is so flawed it’s not even funny. I think it had MJ scoring 8 points and still getting the win in Game 4 of the championship between Ellis and myself. We all know that isn’t happening.

If you guys read the intro it explains all this.

No. The sim isnt perfect.

Also, if your guy had his best season last year should he really be in an alltime draft??

The 2 guys (Neto and Diaw) only play junk time, if you dont want them on the court, stop getting blown out.

Also, if your guy had his best season last year should he really be in an alltime draft??

The 2 guys (Neto and Diaw) only play junk time, if you dont want them on the court, stop getting blown out.

If your guy had his best season last year should he really be in an all-time draft???

Say that again but slower and really think about what you’re saying.

Whoever drafted Harden is dumb as hell. Why would anyone draft that guy?

If your guy had his best season last year should he really be in an all-time draft???

Say that again but slower and really think about what you’re saying.

Whoever drafted Harden is dumb as hell. Why would anyone draft that guy?

Harden has had 4 MVP calibre seasons...

I get your point though, I should have phrased it differently.. "only good year" instead of "best season".

Also, why complain about MJ going 4/17?? Isn't that the reason you have Gary Payton?

Last edited:
Harden has had 4 MVP calibre seasons...

I get your point though, I should have phrased it differently.. "only good year" instead of "best season".

Also, why complain about MJ going 4/17?? Isn't that the reason you have Gary Payton?

Yeah, he went 4/17 and yet Ellis still won by double-digits.

Ya, that make no sense?

What the difference if a guy had his best year last year or in 1980? Why the bias against last year? Last year still counts as a season played.

Ya, that make no sense?

What the difference if a guy had his best year last year or in 1980? Why the bias against last year? Last year still counts as a season played.

Because the sim doesn't have stats for the 2017/18 season...

Already addressed this so you can take your 2cents back.

Even if a player only had 1 good year he should still be drafted if that 1 year was better than someone elses in this. This isnt a lifetime achievement draft. We drafted based on players best year and assumed players to be at their peak.

But again the sim is fun to look at but is not useful in evaluating anything or remotely accurate.

But thanks for plugging all the teams in. It was worth a look.