What's new

2018 (maybe first time) JazzFanz All-time NBA Draft simulation

Even if a player only had 1 good year he should still be drafted if that 1 year was better than someone elses in this. This isnt a lifetime achievement draft. We drafted based on players best year and assumed players to be at their peak.

But again the sim is fun to look at but is not useful in evaluating anything or remotely accurate.

But thanks for plugging all the teams in. It was worth a look.
You can draft whoever you like.

You can draft whoever you like. Personally, I base my picks on their prime years and thats who I vote for. Maybe Im wrong but I doubt anyone on here looks at a players single best season and votes solely on that.

"not useful in evaluating anything or remotely accurate."

Thats your opinion, which is fine. Personally I enjoy the non-bias simulation which eliminates all the politics and nut hugging that goes on around here.

"not useful in evaluating anything or remotely accurate."

Thats your opinion, which is fine. Personally I enjoy the non-bias simulation which eliminates all the politics and nut hugging that goes on around here.

Does this simulation stand up to reality? We have actual games that have happened and we know the results. Does it duplicate what actually happened with any accuracy?

Personally, I base my picks on their prime years and thats who I vote for. Maybe Im wrong but I doubt anyone on here looks at a players single best season and votes solely on that.

So you pick and vote based on players prime years but not on their prime year. But you run a simulation that you find accurate and you base that simulation on players best year(prime year). Gotcha.

Does this simulation stand up to reality? We have actual games that have happened and we know the results. Does it duplicate what actually happened with any accuracy?

So you pick and vote based on players prime years but not on their prime year. But you run a simulation that you find accurate and you base that simulation on players best year(prime year). Gotcha.

You are hard work you know that... I need a double shot coffee to deal with this ****.

"But you run a simulation that you find accurate" - Did I say accurate? or did I say I liked it because it was impartial?
"base that simulation on players best year(prime year)" - I don't decide how the sim operates nor do I know what algorithm it uses.

Lay off the haterade dude.

You are hard work you know that... I need a double shot coffee to deal with this ****.

"But you run a simulation that you find accurate" - Did I say accurate? or did I say I liked it because it was impartial?
"base that simulation on players best year(prime year)" - I don't decide how the sim operates nor do I know what algorithm it uses.

Lay off the haterade dude.
Sigh..

You pick which year to put into the simulation for the player. Their best year based on their simulation formula is at the top. So you are putting in their best year to this.

Impartial is meaningless if it is not accurate or close. Pulling names out of a hat (or ***) is also impartial, but its almost as inaccurate.

But ill leave it be, I do like looking at the box scores and appreciate that you plugged these teams in.

Sigh..

You pick which year to put into the simulation for the player. Their best year based on their simulation formula is at the top. So you are putting in their best year to this.

Impartial is meaningless if it is not accurate or close. Pulling names out of a hat (or ***) is also impartial, but its almost as inaccurate.

But ill leave it be, I do like looking at the box scores and appreciate that you plugged these teams in.

Actually the simulation has the order based on the players salary.

#stayinyolane

Actually the simulation has the order based on the players salary.

#stayinyolane
First of all, no it isnt. Their salaries made up for their own use. For example if you look up Lebron it shows his best season listed first, which is 08/09 and has his salary listed as $9,883,276. But Lebron actually made $14,410,581. The players are listed by their best season and that correlates with the salaries they give for them.

But even if what you said was true (which it is not) then you are still picking the season.

How did you pick which season to put into the simulation?

First of all, no it isnt. Their salaries made up for their own use. For example if you look up Lebron it shows his best season listed first, which is 08/09 and has his salary listed as $9,883,276. But Lebron actually made $14,410,581. The players are listed by their best season and that correlates with the salaries they give for them.

But even if what you said was true (which it is not) then you are still picking the season.

How did you pick which season to put into the simulation?

I took everyones worst year just for ***** and giggles. wtfyt..