What's new

2019 NBA draft day thread

Is Bol really going to be any better than his pops was?

If he's around at 53, maybe he's worth a shot. I'm not excited about him even if he's dropped like a rock.
This late in the second round? A guy of Manute’s quality is considered a good pickup. He played for like 10 years. Most these guys won’t have a career.

Tony Jones told us what was happening when he said the Jazz see value at 53 about 20 minutes ago. And I hate to get all negative, but sure feels like buying a pick yesterday instead of waiting to see what happened today would be what I would call "aggressive." Conservative is only offering for a pick when you know what will be there. Then it's more expensive.

People really want us to trade 3 picks for 1 right now when there are good players on the board that probably wont even get drafted?
Would’ve liked Paschall, but I can see why you wouldn’t want to pay what the going price has been at this point.

With that said, I think that the upside of THT fits the kind of risk the Jazz should be taking. Go get him and today is a success.

People really want us to trade 3 picks for 1 right now when there are good players on the board that probably wont even get drafted?

Yes... we can get more later... go get a guy now... he might be good in a year or two... get good now.

Tony Jones told us what was happening when he said the Jazz see value at 53 about 20 minutes ago. And I hate to get all negative, but sure feels like buying a pick yesterday instead of waiting to see what happened today would be what I would call "aggressive." Conservative is only offering for a pick when you know what will be there. Then it's more expensive.

Yeah and we could've sold the pick for a ton if whoever we liked didn't fall. Hindsight is 20/20 but damn. Paschall and Schofield were at 41.