What's new

2019 NBA draft day thread

Kinda surprised they took THT. You'd think the Lakers would want someone who could play immediately.

I think like @Catchall said, the FO scouted the second round well and know their targets. Being aggressive as a GM means making and taking as many calls as you can and trying to find a deal that works in your favor, or getting your target. The draft is a bit of a crapshoot and we'll all see how this plays out tho.

It's totally a crap shoot, and I get it. You scout, you put value on players, and you make your call on what to offer. It felt like some guys with value dropped to the point they would be gettable, but because of that the cost stayed really high. So we didn't pay it. Smart? Time will tell. I will just enjoy sleeping knowing Conley is on the way. Odds a 2nd rounder works out are low.

So if Bol Bol is good, everyone will rationalize “well nobody was valuing him at the time.”
I guess you could say that about any late pick that turned out good.
Nobody was valuing Jimmy Butler in the first round at the time. Wes Matthews. Millsap.
Hell, Joe Ingles and Royce too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Maybe. But he got a star and we are better positioned for a championship. Most conservative GM in all sports? Bah

People is just plain overreacting for players who might not even be NBA players.
He isn't aggressive at all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk