What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Kawhi is buying a $13M house in SoCal...

https://twtter.com/LATrealestate

I think the only way he stays is if they make the finals and even then he might be gone. I really hope he stays East though. We dont need more super stars in the West.

I really wish one of them would consider the Jazz. I think if we added Kawhi or Durant we could win it all. Those would make those players look so good. Durant winning a championship here would change his image so much and cement him as an all-time top player. But, not gonna happen.

I think the only way he stays is if they make the finals and even then he might be gone. I really hope he stays East though. We dont need more super stars in the West.

I really wish one of them would consider the Jazz. I think if we added Kawhi or Durant we could win it all. Those would make those players look so good. Durant winning a championship here would change his image so much and cement him as an all-time top player. But, not gonna happen.

He's a weird guy... I think he's gone no matter what... still cool Toronto is making a run at it.

He's a weird guy... I think he's gone no matter what... still cool Toronto is making a run at it.

I agree, I think it was a good choice by Toronto. I think they have a good chance to make the finals this year and took a swing at it. They also have a decent chance to push GS if things go well for them. They have good depth and Kawhi is probably the best player in the NBA to guard Durant. Unfortunately trying to beat a team with 5 All-stars, two of which are MVP/HOF caliber players is almost impossible.

I'm not sure if this has already been posted. It seems that with some injuries to key guy's in the eastern conference the Wizards now believe they have a better chance at making the playoffs. They probably won't be parting with Porter at the trade deadline.

I'm not sure if this has already been posted. It seems that with some injuries to key guy's in the eastern conference the Wizards now believe they have a better chance at making the playoffs. They probably won't be parting with Porter at the trade deadline.

Washington still has financial issues and issues in the post. A trade for Favors isn't a step back, it's just a smart financial move which is pretty much lateral.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

The Nets are deep. I’m not sure it’ll hurt them that much. It’ll certainly hurt the Pacers but they’re too well-coached and have too much other talent to falter.

Perhaps more importantly, simply making the playoffs as a goal, only to be ousted in 4-5 games in the first round, and passing up a smart trade in the process doesn’t seem like a wise move on the Wiz’ part.

Seriously, the Wiz suck, have a brutal upcoming slate, and are 11.5 games behind Indy. There’s zero chance they pass them.

They’re also 4.5 games behind the Nets who are the deepest team in the league. Dinwiddie’s out 4-6 weeks, not 4-6 months. I doubt the Wiz catch them.

Washington and Detroit aint catching Indiana... maybe Brooklyn but they are 4-5 games back.

Seriously, the Wiz suck, have a brutal upcoming slate, and are 11.5 games behind Indy. There’s zero chance they pass them.

They’re also 4.5 games behind the Nets who are the deepest team in the league. Dinwiddie’s out 4-6 weeks, not 4-6 months. I doubt the Wiz catch them.

Not the deepest team in the league... but Levert could be back at some point too.

Wiz management really just dumb as hell, huh?

This isn't the first time it's been reported that the Wizards are still focused on trying to make the playoffs. I don't know if their management is that stupid or if they're just trying to drive the price up for Porter.

Jazz would be crazy if they actually traded for Mike Conley. 30 mil per year for him ain't worth it, I'd rather keep Rubio for cheap. Hopefully, it's just a rumor to throw teams off and really trade for someone unexpectedly very good.

20 PPG, decent assist count, reliable shooter and defender. Sounds very good to me.

Can we even use our trade exceptions? I feel like we can’t since our roster is full.

I was thinking we could perhaps use our 4M TE from the Korver trade for some player making around 4M.

Then do the same for our 3.7M TE from Joe Johnson.

After those two deals, we’d then have 7.7M more in player salary that we could then flip in another trade to go after Porter or Conley or something.

Just a thought. Fantasyland stuff, really. Way too many moving parts would have to be involved. But yeah...

I guess if someone could answer my original question.