What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

If anything this places a slightly higher premium on expirings... new recent comp and one less place to move high priced salaries.

If anything this places a slightly higher premium on expirings... new recent comp and one less place to move high priced salaries.
I thought I kept hearing that everyone has hella cap space this coming summer already. Why teams be wanting expirings if that is the case.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I thought I kept hearing that everyone has hella cap space this coming summer already. Why teams be wanting expirings if that is the case.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Because some don't have space... and because we have big expirings... can't do like 5 for 1 trades.

Like on Mike Conley... teams have to cobble together 30M in salary... need 3-4 players to do that and things get hard to do.

Or at least wait until draft time when you might get a premium asset if you do in fact decide to rebuild. they have zero reason to rush a Jrue trade... even if he requested one... he's under contract for forever.
The only reason would be to tank. You probably can't shut him down without pissing him off and creating a toxic environment.

The only reason would be to tank. You probably can't shut him down without pissing him off and creating a toxic environment.

I don't think he ruins their current tank... they have nothing left on the roster right now and realistically aren't going to fall more than one or two spots.

That's because you love possibilities more than the team that is actually on the floor.
Nope. I actually understand the business.

NY just traded one year of a young star who is coming off a major injury for 2 1st rounders and a young PG they like while dumping $50 million in bad contracts.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Nope. I actually understand the business.
If you agree with a move that the New York Knicks made, then you may want to rethink this statement.

It's only a good move if they get two of Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, etc.

The two firsts definitely make it less terrible though.