What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

If you agree with a move that the New York Knicks made, then you may want to rethink this statement.

It's only a good move if they get two of Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, etc.

The two firsts definitely make it less terrible though.
Do you not understand KP was going to leave NY? Even if they strike out in FA, they got 2 firsts and DSJ.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

KP didn't want NY but NY was able to dump those awful deals and get DSJ and get a 1st.

Dont get focused on just the star. NY sucked with KP. They are going in a new direction

I wasn’t addressing the Knicks at all. They got good return. I think they are gearing up for the off season.

Do you not understand KP was going to leave NY?
Oh a year and a half from now? IF he decided to forego $100 million dollars? They traded him when his value was at it's absolute lowest.
Even if they strike out in FA, they got 2 firsts and DSJ.
DSJ, the guy they passed on for Frank Ntikikina. I'm sure they will make great use of those mid-late round picks. What a smart organization, their track record suggests they must have knocked this trade out of the park.

A line-up with Korver, Ingles and Mirotic spacing the floor for Donavon and Rudy would be an upgrade to the Crowder version, at least offensively.

it will be hilarious if they miss on the big FAs and end up overpaying for this year's equivalent of THJ
If they do, they deserve to be laughed at. Doubt that happens though.

We need to be excited about this. Hopefully, this spells the end of the Warriors. If KD goes to NY, the West is wide open.

Most people seem to think DAL won the trade easily however I'm not sure. In fact I don't like KP that much and DSJ has tons of upside.. He can make an Oladipo type explosion not long after. Bad long term contracts going to DAL, first round picks going to NYK. Wow

Oh a year and a half from now? IF he decided to forego $100 million dollars? They traded him when his value was at it's absolute lowest.

DSJ, the guy they passed on for Frank Ntikikina. I'm sure they will make great use of those mid-late round picks. What a smart organization, their track record suggests they must have knocked this trade out of the park.
Dude, he met with NY and obviously told them he was going to sign the 1 year tender then leave.

NY was brilliant to get what they got. Can't imagine they could dump those salaries, get DSJ quality and 2 1sts anywhere else.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned but KP already said he’s not signing an extension this summer.

He will sign it... No one has ever passed up that much... it's already coming out that he will consider it and he loves Luka and Dirk.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned but KP already said he’s not signing an extension this summer.
DAL can offer him MAX QO, which means 5 year max deal. This is essentially what he's doing by threatening to sign his QO. He's making them offer him the 5max or risk him signing the regular 1 year QO.

Dude, he met with NY and obviously told them he was going to sign the 1 year tender then leave.

NY was brilliant to get what they got. Can't imagine they could dump those salaries, get DSJ quality and 2 1sts anywhere else.

Eh, I guess. DSJ hasn't shown to be a winning player yet, I'd have no faith in the Knicks drafting anyone, and signing the QO means he still needs to play for a year, when you could showcase him much better.

But if I'm a Knick fan I guess I'd talk myself into free agency.

DAL can offer him MAX QO, which means 5 year max deal. This is essentially what he's doing by threatening to sign his QO. He's making them offer him the 5max or risk him signing the regular 1 year QO.

No one will pass on $150M dollars... I think it may have been a ploy by his camp to get him moved for less.

Eh, I guess. DSJ hasn't shown to be a winning player yet, I'd have no faith in the Knicks drafting anyone, and signing the QO means he still needs to play for a year, when you could showcase him much better.

But if I'm a Knick fan I guess I'd talk myself into free agency.

Word is Orlando offered Bamba for him... who knows how true it is... but he still has some fans.

The pick protections will matter here... if they are likely to convert to seconds it's a **** trade... if they are legit firsts then it's fair, but they may have been able to do better. First pick they can get is in 2021 and second would be 2023 so its a ways out.

Most people seem to think DAL won the trade easily however I'm not sure. In fact I don't like KP that much and DSJ has tons of upside.. He can make an Oladipo type explosion not long after. Bad long term contracts going to DAL, first round picks going to NYK. Wow

It's definitely too early to give up on DSJ. He just had a triple double this week. The Knicks are going to get a high lottery pick to go with Knox, DSJ and potentially a big-name free agent. They actually appear to have a direction for a change.

With the second 1st rounder the trade became more even IMO, considering it seems like Porzingis and Knicks' relationship had been broken for a while and he wanted out. Dallas takes on some risk, but as tough as ACL's are, they are not as menacing injuries as they used to be. They get a bite at a superstar they probably wouldn't otherwise be able to have now that they have Luka and they won't be horrible enough to get high picks in the draft.