What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

KCP won't play over Korver or O'Neale probably. For our development, should he play over Grayson? So we pretty much immediately say the Exum signing was a failure and trade him for an expiring. And we say the Grayson pick was a failure too if expiring KCP gets what should be his minutes.

This isn't going to happen. DL has too much pride to admit failures that quickly.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
How do you know someone has "too much pride"? How could you know that unless you're spouting out your own feelings.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

Of course I speculate. We all do here. But saying DL dumping Exum for an expiring is a "win" is simply ridiculous. DL would see it as a big failure on every level.

I would hope like hell he does not value sunk costs like you are suggesting. If you get out of a gamble you make that looks bad without much collateral damage that isn't failure. May not be a win, but it is as they say "cutting your losses". The win loss has already been somewhat determined.

The best thing that can happen is a huge fast success... the worst thing is a slow failure. The ********* part of drafting Exum is that he didn't fail fast.

I would hope like hell he does not value sunk costs like you are suggesting. If you get out of a gamble you make that looks bad without much collateral damage that isn't failure. May not be a win, but it is as they say "cutting your losses". The win loss has already been somewhat determined.

The best thing that can happen is a huge fast success... the worst thing is a slow failure. The ********* part of drafting Exum is that he didn't fail fast.
I don't think Quin and DL have had enough of Exum after less than 2 months that they are trading for an expiring after just signing him. Tony Jones agrees:

I don't think Quin and DL have had enough of Exum after less than 2 months that they are trading for an expiring after just signing him. Tony Jones agrees:

I did see that and tony would know what they are saying... my issue is I think it’s a mistake. I also think it’s lip service to declare how much faith and belief you have in a guy when you pull him every time he makes some errors for a guy as “meh” as Neto.

I think they should be looking to get out of the Exum deal whether or not they are looking to is a completely different story.

If you weren’t willing to work through Dante’s mistakes then you should not have signed him to the extension. If Quin and DL weren’t on the same page on this that is an organization failure. I’m not saying DL gets to decide the rotation but I’d think 12 minutes a night isn’t much to commit to... is Neto providing so much more value in those 12 minutes that it is winning us anything? For every hustle play or smart read he makes I can point to a defensive possession where a guy just rose up and shot over him like he wasn’t there.

Exum played alright in October, sucked in November and is playing well in December. His 3 isn't falling but he's scoring better and his defense is good. When he's gotten minutes this month he's been good. When he got minutes in November he sucked on offense more often than not.

We need his defense and I wouldn't be surprised if he started having some nice scoring games.

If you weren’t willing to work through Dante’s mistakes then you should not have signed him to the extension. If Quin and DL weren’t on the same page on this that is an organization failure. I’m not saying DL gets to decide the rotation but I’d think 12 minutes a night isn’t much to commit to...

Yep. I just don't understand what DL is doing. If we were winning, I would understand completely. But sitting him while we are getting dominated just makes no sense. When Exum is playing well (offense and/or defense), he looks dominant.

Quin is testing different line-ups and getting some data on different player combinations. There may be an offer on the table to trade Exum, and maybe the front office needs to see what the team looks like with Neto running the point. The Jazz aren't a finished product, and they're making evaluations. Part of the question is how to use Dante and whether he's really going to be a PG.

Trade dante I want to see him succeed. Or get rid of the coach. ImI hoping Rudy gets rid of quin

Also, apparently the Jazz coaches are working hard with Dante during practices. It's obvious that he's got physical talent to work with. Exum is an experiment and one that should continue, at least for the rest of this season.

Quin is testing different line-ups and getting some data on different player combinations. There may be an offer on the table to trade Exum, and maybe the front office needs to see what the team looks like with Neto running the point. The Jazz aren't a finished product, and they're making evaluations. Part of the question is how to use Dante and whether he's really going to be a PG.

I wonder if they might get a okayish offer for Neto actually. Like would the suns send a second for him? Cheap stop gap option... seems like their type of solution.

Isn't gobert posting career high numbers in most categories?

Also, when ever someone posts that graph showing points added in offense and points saved on defense gobert is always the best at both categories and is always way up in the upper right corner by himself.

I agree about DM though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
No, his blocks, rebounds, defensive rating, rim protection, and FT% are all down. Especially it is worse of you compare where he was at towards the end of last season its way down from that in almost every way.

Most concerning is his defense this year. He is definitely focusing more on his offense but I think that's hurting his and our team defense.

Mitchell is a bigger drop off. But it's pretty easy to pass that off due to injuries. He has stated recently he has never had so many injuries in his life as right now. Plus growing pains happen but he'll adjust and get healthy.

Tony Jones thinks he’s 100% a PG

Trade dante I want to see him succeed. Or get rid of the coach. ImI hoping Rudy gets rid of quin
0% chance of either of those happening. The Jazz are very very high on Snyder as their coach and are fully committed to him. Snyder and DL are very high on Exum but Snyder does push him hard. Fortunately Exum is tougher than you and is working hard to get more playing time, not just expecting it because he was a high pick.

But keep up the childish fits about him, it's a good look on you.

The only way the jazz trade Exum is if it helps them land an all Star level player.

I still think the Jazz view him as the future starter at PG. Or at worst a 6th man combo guard type player.

I have to vent. **** Barcelona and Messi's ***** ***. Didn't even try to play today and my team went out in the Champions League. ****ing ***** Barca.

The only way the jazz trade Exum is if it helps them land an all Star level player.

I still think the Jazz view him as the future starter at PG. Or at worst a 6th man combo guard type player.
The Jazz' love affair with Exum is making me question Dennis Lindsey's ability as a GM. If he weren't the 5th pick in the draft or on the Jazz, I'm not even sure Dante Exum would be in the NBA right now. He isn't good.