What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

The Jazz' love affair with Exum is making me question Dennis Lindsey's ability as a GM. If he weren't the 5th pick in the draft or on the Jazz, I'm not even sure Dante Exum would be in the NBA right now. He isn't good.
BuT He GuArDeD HaRdEn So WeLl!~!~!~!~

The Jazz' love affair with Exum is making me question Dennis Lindsey's ability as a GM. If he weren't the 5th pick in the draft or on the Jazz, I'm not even sure Dante Exum would be in the NBA right now. He isn't good.
DL's love of Favors is what blows my mind. He is making close to twice as much as Exum and yet HE DOESN'T EVEN FIT NEXT TO GOBERT! Sure, I would love for our 6th man to be better, but our 2nd highest paid player has had one awesome game ALL YEAR.

Our starters put us 10 points behind on the regular. So tired of the Exum whining. Complaining about Exum is like complaining about the backup running back when the oline and quarterback are sucking ***.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I feel exactly the opposite. He isn't short sided and him and Snyder are in sync on this. I think they would feel the same if he was undrafted.

There is so much potential in him and we are seeing more and more of it. Glad they see it and continue to try and develop him instead of dumping him to chase some meh older player that might slightly help more now.

Last edited:
DL's love of Favors is what blows my mind. He is making close to twice as much as Exum and yet HE DOESN'T EVEN FIT NEXT TO GOBERT! Sure, I would love for our 6th man to be better, but our 2nd highest paid player has had one awesome game ALL YEAR.

Our starters put us 10 points behind on the regular. So tired of the Exum whining. Complaining about Exum is like complaining about the backup running back when the oline and quarterback are sucking ***.

I don't know why the money matters so much. We were over the cap regardless so we were not signing anyone else. We paid him a little extra to stay on and take a smaller role. Plus it earned the Jazz a ton of flexibility to get the 1+1 deal. It was a great move by the Jazz. There is 0 chance we were getting anyone near his level in FA, especially on an extremely team friendly deal.

Plus stats show that Favors is our second best player this year. So I guess his pay is right.

I don't know why the money matters so much. We were over the cap regardless so we were not signing anyone else. We paid him a little extra to stay on and take a smaller role. Plus it earned the Jazz a ton of flexibility to get the 1+1 deal. It was a great move by the Jazz. There is 0 chance we were getting anyone near his level in FA, especially on an extremely team friendly deal.

Plus stats show that Favors is our second best player this year. So I guess his pay is right.

We actually were one of the few teams in the league with cap space...until we signed him before talking to anyone else.

I will believe in the flexibility when I actually see us either trade him or release him. Until then, his contract is massively bloated.

We could have gotten Randle or Bjelica for half the price. So we could have gotten Randle AND Bjelica.

Stats - see there is the problem. There is always a stat. But if you think Favors is more important than Mitchell, Ingles or even Crowder or Rubio......

We actually were one of the few teams in the league with cap space...until we signed him before talking to anyone else.

I will believe in the flexibility when I actually see us either trade him or release him. Until then, his contract is massively bloated.

We could have gotten Randle or Bjelica for half the price. So we could have gotten Randle AND Bjelica.

Stats - see there is the problem. There is always a stat. But if you think Favors is more important than Mitchell, Ingles or even Crowder or Rubio......

I don't think he is more important than Mitchell. But he has been playing better and helping the team. That's also including the fact that many of the things he does aren't in the stats. Such as blocking out on rebounds. He is our only guy who does this consistently.

We could not have got both of those players... And that's assuming they wanted to come here.

Yep. I just don't understand what DL is doing. If we were winning, I would understand completely. But sitting him while we are getting dominated just makes no sense. When Exum is playing well (offense and/or defense), he looks dominant.

I think you meant quin

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

No, his blocks, rebounds, defensive rating, rim protection, and FT% are all down. Especially it is worse of you compare where he was at towards the end of last season its way down from that in almost every way.

Most concerning is his defense this year. He is definitely focusing more on his offense but I think that's hurting his and our team defense.

Mitchell is a bigger drop off. But it's pretty easy to pass that off due to injuries. He has stated recently he has never had so many injuries in his life as right now. Plus growing pains happen but he'll adjust and get healthy.
Gobert is averaging career highs in points, field goal %, rebounds, free throw attempts, assists and a career low for turnovers. It's his second highest season for steals.

Gobert is averaging career highs in points, field goal %, rebounds, free throw attempts, assists and a career low for turnovers. It's his second highest season for steals.

It's like the only thing that has performed as well or better than expected... everyone else is down across the board. Surprised we don't have a worse record honestly.

Rudy's defense has been much less impactful overall so I understand why some say he's having a worse year... but he's been much better offensively... and has recently picked up the defense.

Jazz only had cap space if they let half their roster walk. The same young and up-and-coming roster that won a first round series.

I don't know how anybody can point to Favors and say he is the problem with this team right now. Any meaningful lineup he plays (starting and C w/ Crowder) has a positive net rating.

Ariza to LA supposedly done... https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...za-kentavious-caldwell-pope-sixers-bucks-suns

“I’ll tell you what, though, okay: In regards to Trevor Ariza going to the Lakers, I’ve had a handful of NBA executives tell me they’ve heard that’s going to happen. It’s done, it’s just a matter of everything else, like figuring out what the rest of that deal is.”

And Suns want PG help but not Fultz. https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...rs-suns-have-no-interest-in-76ers-pg.amp.html