What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Wouldnt surprise me if Lindsey works a trade that is completely different from what's been leaked. I know it used to piss off KOC when stuff got leaked.

Or just fold up shop and go home. If Memphis and others want too much, wait for the draft and free agency to add a couple of decent rotation players. Favs would likely be brought back. No clue re: Rubio. If he doesn' t find a better offer maybe a 1+1 deal like Favs signed?

We could also do some small deals that eff up what Memphis is trying to do out of spite... that could be fun.

If Toronto is willing to do these trades, I'd do it:

Jazz trade Rubio, Thabo, Udoh, Neto
Raptors trade Lowry

Jazz trade Rodney Hood TPE
Raptors trade Greg Monroe

You'd have to technically make it two separate trades to work salary-wise, but I don't think this would be the worst thing in the world.

Looking at the stands at a Jazz game is honestly straight-up embarrassing. The socio-racial homogeny here is almost laughable.
Why? Answers for that are very complex. If the Mormon pioneers would have been big into slavery and brought in a lot of people that would’ve been shaped today’s demographics, would that help treat our anxiety about the situation?

I don't know why people seem to have some false idea that we're going to get an AD-like talent in a trade here. Ain't happening folks.

Forget Conley. Can we go get Aaron Gordon?
Rubio + Favors + Exum + 3 First Round picks. I think Orlando is cheap as hell and would bite on this offer.

3 1st round picks is way too much. I'd say 2 1st round picks, Rubio, Favors, Exum for Gordon and Ross should work.

I have no interest in paying a 33-34 year old Conley 35 mil per year.

What are we doing? Just punting on the next couple seasons after this year?

If we could nab Lowry and JaMychal Green in a three-way trade that would almost be best case scenario.

Looking at the stands at a Jazz game is honestly straight-up embarrassing. The socio-racial homogeny here is almost laughable.

Memphis has been one of the musical capitals of the world. Those days have dwindled, but nobody should underestimate the role Memphis has played in Black American culture. I’m not sure what is happening there now, but that stuff hasn’t straight-up vanished.

The arts and culture scene in SLC, on the other hand, is mainly a mixture of what 20-something white kids are doing + the art-grant stuff dominated by old white folks.

For the people who say they’ve been to Memphis and think SLC lacks nothing in comparison: that statement reveals an incredible amount about you.

Niko just tweeted out a puzzle piece emoji... and I'm ready to be done with FA