What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

I think Charlotte should trade Biyombo and Marvin Williams for Parsons and Casspi. Memphis gets the better players but has to pay the luxury tax this year. Charlotte saves $7 million for next year and who knows, if Parsons can play, he might actually help Kemba some by stretching the floor. Regardless, Memphis is desperate to win now because they don't have a draft pick but they have an old roster.

Marvin is really useful though... if it was MKG maybe, but not gonna run the math. Charlotte needs to clear salary in the worst way. They also can't get worse because they are on the border of the playoffs and I think Kemba wouldn't love a salary dump move right now. They could waive and stretch Bismack and likely deal with another salary reduction move when/if Kemba signs.

They also might get lucky... Brooklyn moved Lin for almost nothing to Atlanta which was weird... weird stuff happens sometimes.

Marvin is really useful though... if it was MKG maybe, but not gonna run the math. Charlotte needs to clear salary in the worst way. They also can't get worse because they are on the border of the playoffs and I think Kemba wouldn't love a salary dump move right now. They could waive and stretch Bismack and likely deal with another salary reduction move when/if Kemba signs.

They also might get lucky... Brooklyn moved Lin for almost nothing to Atlanta which was weird... weird stuff happens sometimes.

I was just trying to find any team who makes sense for Parsons. It's damn hard. I doubt Memphis would do Parsons for Batum because Batum has an extra year at $27 million, but at least they would have somebody this year and next who can play alongside Gasol and Conley. I'm not sure Kemba would like that deal, but he has to like it more than paying Batum $27 for 2020-21.

That Parsons deal is tough....

MCW traded to Chicago because his contract was going to be guaranteed at 5 pm. Houston sent cash. They reportedly did it to avoid salary tax issues. They're getting a heavily protected second rounder that is unlikely to convey. Chicago is waiving MCW. Somebody explain this move to me. Why didn't Houston just waive him? Why are they sending money for a pick that won't convey?
Because you pay people you waive.

My guess is the deal was either fully-guaranteed or partially guaranteed enough to put them over the luxury?

There's obviously a reason both teams did this, I'm mostly not sure why Chicago did it.
If you're playing NBA games, you're partially guaranteed money that season.

tenor.gif

With John wall being injured as well as Dwight Howard (lmfao)... we have a decent point guard in Rubio that’s on an expiring and a good center that’s currently starting as a forward for us that would fit nicely in Washington. I think the jazz should offer up Favors Rubio Allen and two firsts for Beal and Morris.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

With John wall being injured as well as Dwight Howard (lmfao)... we have a decent point guard in Rubio that’s on an expiring and a good center that’s currently starting as a forward for us that would fit nicely in Washington. I think the jazz should offer up Favors Rubio Allen and two firsts for Beal and Morris.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

They might move OP Jr. but unless they are bowled over with an offer I highly doubt they move Beal.

They should get one really good young player and 2 firsts.

They also are still very much in the playoff hunt... satoransky is better than people realize. Morris being out hurts but Thomas Bryant has played well for them and OP is healthy again.

They might move OP Jr. but unless they are bowled over with an offer I highly doubt they move Beal.

They should get one really good young player and 2 firsts.

They also are still very much in the playoff hunt... satoransky is better than people realize. Morris being out hurts but Thomas Bryant has played well for them and OP is healthy again.

The Wiz should have traded Wall if they had the chance. Miami, Phoenix, somebody would have gone for him before his injury. Porter and Beal could work out well together. Regardless of if they go on a run, Wall will screw it up next season.

The Wiz should have traded Wall if they had the chance. Miami, Phoenix, somebody would have gone for him before his injury. Porter and Beal could work out well together. Regardless of if they go on a run, Wall will screw it up next season.

I doubt they would have found a taker on wall... maybe in the offseason but not mid year... I also wonder if the heal issue would have been flagged in the physical.

I doubt they would have found a taker on wall... maybe in the offseason but not mid year... I also wonder if the heal issue would have been flagged in the physical.
I was reading some long shot rumours about the Knicks potentially taking a flyer on John Wall. Made some sense to me as it gives the Knicks a player with some star potential to put alongside Porzingis next year while keeping their tank in tact for this year, and depending on who they trade they might still have room for a KD level max next offseason (e.g. Hardaway Jr + Lee). Probably the only team in the league I can think of that wouldn't ask a lot out of Washington in terms of picks either since they're swapping a bunch of bad contracts.

It was an interesting trade rumour to me and I think it makes some sense to a degree for both sides. Wall/Dotson/Knox/Durant/KP with Zion off the bench is an interesting core group of players, and the Wizards get to move forward with Beal/Porter Jr and two fat expirings in Hardaway Jr and Lee that they could keep or use in another trade down the road.

I was reading some long shot rumours about the Knicks potentially taking a flyer on John Wall. Made some sense to me as it gives the Knicks a player with some star potential to put alongside Porzingis next year while keeping their tank in tact for this year, and depending on who they trade they might still have room for a KD level max next offseason (e.g. Hardaway Jr + Lee). Probably the only team in the league I can think of that wouldn't ask a lot out of Washington in terms of picks either since they're swapping a bunch of bad contracts.

It was an interesting trade rumour to me and I think it makes some sense to a degree for both sides. Wall/Dotson/Knox/Durant/KP with Zion off the bench is an interesting core group of players, and the Wizards get to move forward with Beal/Porter Jr and two fat expirings in Hardaway Jr and Lee that they could keep or use in another trade down the road.

Not sure how that'd work this offseason because Wall's number jumps to like $40M and NY still doesn't have the space for a max KD deal. Maybe it was pre-Noah waive and stretch. Matching salary now would only leave them with a lot less space next year.

It only takes one sucker though... so maybe they could have found one for Wall.

Not sure how that'd work this offseason because Wall's number jumps to like $40M and NY still doesn't have the space for a max KD deal. Maybe it was pre-Noah waive and stretch. Matching salary now would only leave them with a lot less space next year.

It only takes one sucker though... so maybe they could have found one for Wall.
Yeah I didn't take a real in depth look at the numbers, but the Knicks do project to have a ton of cap space in the offseason and if they could get off Hardaway Jr + Lee's money and get a John Wall there instead they might still have the space to make another signing. Would have to check the numbers.

lol that's a large reason why I think it makes some sense. Who knows, maybe playing in the Big Apple would light a fire under Wall's *** when he gets boo'd in his first game for showing up overweight.
They'd just need to max out Boogie and then they've got their next Big 3.