What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Correct. I doubt the Hill thing would factor into DL's current evaluation... but would be strange.

I think he is better than Jae... a little longer, more athletic, but I can see the comparison. As good as we are with Jae on the floor... if we had a rich man's Jae I wonder how much better we'd be. He will probably develop a bit more, but he was older coming into the draft so there might not be a lot more there.

I think they would want a little more than just a first for him. If we got him we could still do some things in FA because he's cheap.

Favors, Neto and a 1st round pick for Lin and Prince? Seems fair right?

Atlanta gets a nice veteran, local C to put next to John Collins. Prince seems like he could be a long term contributor for us and Lin helps our run this year.

Side note, I love how this stupid computer calculates the impact of this trade: https://tradenba.com/players?tid=29&tid=1
-14 wins for Atlanta and -8 wins for us. Yeah, that makes sense.

Favors, Neto and a 1st round pick for Lin and Prince? Seems fair right?

Atlanta gets a nice veteran, local C to put next to John Collins. Prince seems like he could be a long term contributor for us and Lin helps our run this year.

Side note, I love how this stupid computer calculates the impact of this trade: https://tradenba.com/players?tid=29&tid=1
-14 wins for Atlanta and -8 wins for us. Yeah, that makes sense.

Not sure we'd do the extra stuff in that deal... but the basic premise of a 1st for him seems fair to me... just wonder if portland, OKC, Philly (teams mentioned with some interest) would do more. OKC actually doesn't have a pick to offer really. Philly has a pile of seconds to add to a first. Don't think Atlanta cares about Favs... just a guess.

A somewhat interesting target, who may be available based on rumors, that might be in our price range. I say Tony Bradley and a lotto protected pick 2019 that rolls forward for a few years until it is conveyed... Straight up for Prince. If value is off we throw in the draft rights to Tomic and Williams Goss... which will clearly close the gap.

Okay, I’m gonna throw a name out there for stretch 4 consideration going forward.

Nigel Hayes.

Dude was thought to be a versatile, above average (with elite potential) defender at Wisconsin due to elite length but regressed and never developed his shot or game.

He’s been killing it in Turkey this year. 43.2% on 4.4 attempts per game from 3, 91.7% from the line, and 57.4% from 2. That’s a killer TS%. His rebounding is meh but I feel like R/A stats are always lower overseas, maybe due to a slower pace. I’m not sure. Advanced stats (rebound rate) aren’t available.

He shot 45.4% from 3 on 5.4 attempts per game last season in the G league.

I know we need more of a creator but hell, if we’re gonna have a high volume 3 point shooter on the roster, I’d prefer one in Hayes who can play defense, unlike Niang.

In no way do I mean starter material btw. But he could be a versatile 3 and d guy off the bench.

Is either Brogdon or Niko a player who can create their own offense? If yes, it could work. If no, then no we aren't contenders.

In the playoffs, there are times you just have to make stuff happen. Mitchell is the only guy on our team who can create offense. I like our other guys, but we need another creator to get the best from them.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
Yes, they can. Either would be a good fit.
Last year we didn’t get Mirotic and we still talk about Mirotic.

Well we will
We’ll miss out on Middleton, but we have as good a shot at Niko as anyone. IMO

Interesting idea, and I like the pick protections:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...unload-before-the-nba-trade-deadline.amp.html

"Potential Deal (After Jan. 14)

Atlanta Hawks Receive: Ian Mahinmi, Utah's 2019 first-round pick (top-16 protection in 2019; lottery protection in 2020; top-12 protection in 2021; turns into two seconds if not conveyed)

Utah Jazz Receive: Jeremy Lin, Otto Porter Jr., Tomas Satoransky

Washington Wizards Receive: Derrick Favors, Ricky Rubio and Thabo Sefolosha"

I personally would make it:

Hawks get Mahinmi and the Jazz pick
Wiz get Lin, Favors, Thabo
Jazz get Porter Jr.

So we can keep Ricky...

I guess it really is happening.
Considering JJ Barea is out for the year, this kinds of surprises me. I think Dallas might have their eye on a player who becomes available tomorrow. January 15 is the first day teams can trade their own players they signed in the summer.

Most reliable Suns guy says they have no interest. Goin up against Woj again after that Dillon vs Marshon Brooks fiasco lol.

We have a far superior version of DSJ why would we bother. But yeah i'm stunned if they're giving up on him this early
He is a shoot 1st, undersized PG who is suspect on D. He will never fit next to Doncic. Dallas is smart to try to cash in now while DSJ still has potential appeal.

Trade Deadline stuff really starts today since all players signed this summer can now be traded.

- So we know about Dennis Smith Jr

- Now Marc Gasol maybe: Marc Stein: One whisper making the rounds: Marc Gasol can become a free agent at season’s and, amid a growing belief around the league that he will indeed exercise that option, Memphis could be moved to explore trading Gasol now rather than face the threat of losing him without compensation