Thon Maker
Willie Cauley-Stein
Kyle O'Quinn
Nerlens Noel
Ante Zizic
Willy Hernangomez
Justin Patton

Last edited:
I'd love if the Conley into cap space to sign Grant talks were a real option, but sounds like a pipedream to me.

If we miss out on Dunn and Harrison, Wesley Iwundu just got waived. He could be situational defender who can compete for rotation minutes.

Would Conley/Davis for Randle to NY still open up enough cap for Grant?

Unless of course Hayward is headed to NY, in which case that room is gone.

This is newsworthy. The Jazz could potentially start him at the 4 and move Bogie to the 3. It's like a do-over on Jeff Green. He should be cheaper than Jerami Grant.

Jazz Roster (Guaranteed Deals Only)

Conley -
Mitchell - Hughes - Oni
Ingles - Royce -
Bogey -
Gobert - Udoka - Davis

2-Way:
Trent Forrest

So that's 10 players who will be guaranteed (I'm assuming on Hughes) and 1 2-way guy.

Means the Jazz have 5 open roster spots.

Obviously Clarkson is the main focus per reports. Assuming the Jazz get him they have 4 open spots.

They will have Tucker, Niang, Morgan, JWF, Brantley, and NWG on non-guaranteed deals or under RFA.

Going to assume Niang comes back since he is a returning rotation player, Also going to assume Morgan comes back given he seemed to be next up for minutes and has received positive reviews per reports.

That leaves the Jazz with 2 spots left.

Conley -
Mitchell - Clarkson - Oni
Ingles - Royce - Hughes
Bogey - Niang - Morgan
Gobert - Udoka - Davis

Needs seem to be 3rd string PG and another wing or 3/4 combo type. They also need to fill another 2-way spot.

Do they bring back Tucker or Brantley? Who should they sign?
Pretty solid breakdown. The weird thing in my head is they have been pretty focused on using the full MLE but I don't see one guy who is worth the full MLE that meets what I'd want. So are they wanting the full exception but are willing to split it? If we use full MLE and bring back JC we can't use BAE as we would go over the hard cap. I'm just having a hard time seeing where we are trying to go.

I think Brantley should be back but looking at the roster it might have to be as a two way... I think a team would give him a guaranteed deal. I guess I'm saying that Brantley is out. Tucker is for sure out.

Grant and Wood are over budget and that won't be it.

I think we will sign one of:

Shaq (I hope so... he's an upside FA with a low floor). I think he comes fairly cheap and I think he can guard wings and some of the other point of attack guys that give us trouble.
Justin Holiday - Think he gets all or most of the MLE. He's probably the best plug and play option and it would make sense with the rumors that we want to clear the entire MLE... he was also here once.
Bazemore - I'd be okay with this even though he's old.
Harkless - this is the one I think they might go full MLE on and its a mistake imo. He's over-rated. Either way though we'd be better so is it awful? Royce can cover the big wings and we kinda need a guy that can give shifty dudes issues... Moe ain't really that.
Dotson - He's in a similar tier as Hughes and Oni to me.
Langston Galloway - Might be too small but if Oni and Hughes are going to be the wing guys then maybe Langston can guard the pgs.

I think we go get one big at the minimum...

- Frank
-Portis
- Harry Giles

Like some reclamation project of some sort.