What's new

2020 Free Agency Thread

Until further notice, I'd expect Juwan Morgan to be the 3rd center, giving us a smaller, more switchable option.

I could see the Jazz pursue Portis, Jamychal Green or possibly Jerami Grant though. Baynes may also be out there somewhere.

I'm expecting to hear the buzzword "secondary rim protection."

A roster spot also opens up for Jarrell Brantley as our 3rd-string PF, which Cy will be thrilled with.

Last edited:
Listening to Locke this morning, he said Utah's focus is improving the defense. So I guess we can expect the UFA's we target to target that.

I really think they go after Shaq/Dunn/Holiday. My big question is if they go after another big or let Udoka go from Day 1.

Listening to Locke this morning, he said Utah's focus is improving the defense. So I guess we can expect the UFA's we target to target that.

I really think they go after Shaq/Dunn/Holiday. My big question is if they go after another big or let Udoka go from Day 1.
I’m hoping they let Udoka and Morgan compete for backup minutes and get as much help on the perimeter as possible. If Udoka and Morgan aren’t cutting it, then you can find a way to get a vet at the min.

I think Udoka is really a project who isn't ready, so he'll be the third big, taking Tony Bradley's spot.

I think they want another big who can play backup minutes to Rudy and can play out on the floor a bit. Would be nice if they can shoot a bit too. It's possible they'll give Juwan Morgan this gig, but guys like Favors, Baynes or Portis could be MLE candidates, effectively taking Ed Davis' original role.

I think the jazz will take a defensive option or a favors/Baynes for the MLE and then use a small exception like to BAE or minimum on someone for a third string point guard

I want KDunn and Shaq. Looks like there are a lot of options now though and we have the wiggle room to get something plus JC

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I just did all the new math and here is exactly what will happen with numbers and everything:

Jazz will re-sign JC 4/47M so it starts at 10.5M - Andy Larsens said he will get around 12M
Jazz will sign one wing/perimeter guy - Either Shaq or someone in that tier for 4/13.5M so starts around 3.5M
Jazz then bring in Favs on a 1 year 5.5M deal with a player option for second year. His market got cold this gives him a chance to shine and get back on the market.

We sign Brantley and Hughes to fill out the roster and magically somehow end up like $100-200k under the tax by golly... well that was lucky... shucks, we were totally willing to pay the tax.

I also want to state I'm fine with this. I was also a little optimistic on some of the players and contracts. It may end up being Garret Temple and Baynes, but one thing I am for damn sure on... we won't pay the tax.

I'll let yall guess which one.

If we use both the MLE and BAE I will change my signature to say nice things about management and drafting centers.