What's new

2020 NBA Draft Live Thread

You. Don’t. Draft. For. Current. Need.

We took a guy that we could develop to fill a need we could fill with a god damned minimum player who is ready to play now. DL didn’t learn his ****ing lesson. Pass on guys like Josh Hart for Tony once... double down and pass on Bane, Bey, Woodard for another ducking traditional dinosaur... DL would kill it in the 90s.

I’m ready for new management.
I've been preaching that DL is an idiot president. Hopefully Smith fires his stupid ***

Collect all the bigs

Great so they will get some stiff big man and then not play the first round pick. I try not to get too high for the draft but this is really disappointing. Unless the Jazz have some deals in FA for these athletic wings they said they were looking to sign.

Locke said the dude we drafted is a 7footer with a 41" vertical leap.
And he's injury prone and can't shoot outside the paint or really post up much.

So defensively, sure, he'll be good, but our bench scoring will still be godawful.

Opponents are going to hack the hell out of him on purpose so he better start working on those FT's.

the Jazz need a athletic PF who can make some threes more than a backup center. DL don't think you can send out your mistake Tony Bradley not have us notice.

I think it's clear we're valuing defense/toughness and are content with the offense. This makes me more confident that we will go after Kris Dunn hard in free agency. Just a hunch

Better hope their bigs can't shoot outside of ten feet or Azu will be a relic... kind of like what's happened to Rudy every postseason.

This sucks bros. Jazz getting finessed while the West is just looking insane.

Memphis just snagged Bane at 30, that pick was available...

what is the front office thinking. Our bench is so bad and they get a backup center instead of athletic wings or PF. Geez if I have to see the same guys coming off our bench I am going to scream.

Azu would have been a lottery pick 20 years ago - but the game has changed.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see how this makes our bench much better.