What's new

2020 NBA Draft Live Thread

This reminds me of the year we drafted Jarnell Stokes with a high 2nd round pick and shipped him off.
Yes, when Jokic, dinwiddie, Joe Harris, jerami Grant, Clarkson, and Dwight Powell were still on the board. Cuz we want to compete and win now instead of filling our rosters with projects...right after a 25 win season.

From SI:

27. Utah Jazz (via Clippers): Udoka Azubuike, C, Kansas

This is a somewhat mystifying selection by the Jazz—Azubuike was a second-round prospect for me—but he is a strong fit for their defensive scheme and the most physically imposing player in this draft. Azubuike has minimal skill level with the ball in his hands and will primarily be a lob target and screener off the bench, but there is always a place for athletic, enormous centers. Particularly, it seems, in Utah.

I’m sure they would have if they could have. Detroit already took on Ariza’s contract today and need to preserve space for Wood (they don’t have his full bird rights), so my guess is they wouldn’t have done the deal for Davis.
Then don't do the trade. Keep the 38 pick to yourself. At this point it's not even a guarantee that Udoka is gonna be a better backup than Bradley

Guys we could waive and stretch Ed and get the exact same saving we did by dumping Tony. Once you add a minimum replacement it is like 1.7m savings... that’s some Vlade Divac level cap management. The cash considerations is either a sign of Gail getting some money on the way out the door or evidence that this owner gonna be as ****ing cheap as the old one.

It all comes down to Udoka vs Bradley my friend. As all teams basically get better on draft night by adding talents/pieces to their teams, we are one of the only team that may come out worse.

Teams are making moves and here we are playing dress-up.

I just don't get our aversion to stretch 4's and 5's and why we're acting like it's still 1995.