What's new

2020 NBA Draft Live Thread

I’m all in on Bey. I like what he brings on the court and he comes across as a good guy in interviews too. Let’s go!
Can he shoot from the outside or create his shot? His defense looks fantastic but if he is a liable on the offensive end then I have to think about selecting him. I love his defense.

Nico is also MAGA
Hell no then. I personal think he is not worth it and really is a place of need. Jazz need athletic SF/PF/SG. Guys who want and can play defense and can hit open shots when they are open. I like Bey, Woodard and I love Nwora in the second round. I would be upset if we left Pritchard on the board and took Nico.

Can he shoot from the outside or create his shot? His defense looks fantastic but if he is a liable on the offensive end then I have to think about selecting him. I love his defense.
That remains to be seen. He shot over 40% from 3 this year, but on a very small sample size. If there were no questions about his shot, he'd be going much higher. But I think a rookie that can play great defense will be able to stay on the floor better than one that's good on offense but a sieve on defense. You saw this with Grayson Allen in his rookie season. Definite offensive potential, but couldn't get minutes because he got played of the floor on defense. And I have some confidence Bey can improve his offensive game. I liked this interview with him:

https://hoopshype.com/2020/11/14/tyler-bey-colorado-buffaloes-nba-draft-interview/

Especially this bit:

'TB: Like I said, I like to improve. So you saw it when I was at Colorado. But now I’m feeling way more confident than I ever have been in my shot. I feel great. I tweaked it a little bit and it looks a lot better. It’s going in more. I’m confident seeing it go in. It’s just about getting reps.'

Random thought... if I was the wolves I'd trade back and take Okongwu... just seems to make sense with their roster more than any of the other top guys.

It's going to be awesome when someone out of left field such as Yam Madar is the pick at #27 and JF madly investigates him and either:

1. Proclaims him to be a steal and maybe someone that will replace _____________ as a starter
2. An absolute bust and another testament to DL not knowing what the **** he is doing

It's going to be awesome when someone out of left field such as Yam Madar is the pick at #27 and JF madly investigates him and either:

1. Proclaims him to be a steal and maybe someone that will replace _____________ as a starter
2. An absolute bust and another testament to DL not knowing what the **** he is doing
I'll just say right now, I'm not a fan. too small and can't shoot.

I'll just say right now, I'm not a fan. too small and can't shoot.
At #38, I wouldn't be opposed to it as he's only 19. I think it's almost harder to teach good, tenacious defense vs. offense. My worry is that with true 1's and 2's coming together that he's not huge for a combo guard. Sure, neither is DM, but he has the wingspan of someone 4-5" taller.

Word on the street is Klay Thompson tore his recently-repaired ACL today. Could really change how GSW look at the draft.