What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

Forgot to add Bjelica, who Locke has mentioned a lot. And Andy Larsen mentioned on The Weekly Run that the Jazz have tried to trade for him and sign him in the past.
That’s interesting because we waived Jerebko but didn’t take any kind of flyer on him when he was cheap. So they may like him, but they must not like him at $7M as much as they like Niang at $1.5M.

I'd like the Jazz to play Brantley a series of games before they make their next move. At a certain point, you have to see what he can do when he's not playing next to Kyle Collinsworth and Trevon Blueitt. We might have something with him. He can do a bit of everything.

We talked about Baynes, but with Ayton back they have Baynes, Ayton, and Kaminsky. Frank was my guy in that draft before jordan took him and we had to settle for Trey Lulz. He makes about $5M.

Morris would be the guy , perfect fit to play the 4 , has an edge which this team could use .

Just depends if the Knicks would do it ... and if they would be dumb enough to take back Ed Davis

We talked about Baynes, but with Ayton back they have Baynes, Ayton, and Kaminsky. Frank was my guy in that draft before jordan took him and we had to settle for Trey Lulz. He makes about $5M.
I’ve thought about Frank... don’t think he’s the rebounder-defender we need.

I'd like the Jazz to play Brantley a series of games before they make their next move. At a certain point, you have to see what he can do when he's not playing next to Kyle Collinsworth and Trevon Blueitt. We might have something with him. He can do a bit of everything.

I'm a big Brantley fan but I just don't think he's ready, even with our current bench play. He looks like he's a year away. His 3 point shot is kinda funky and doesn't go in enough to be a threat. And a lot of stuff that makes him successful in the G-League isn't doable in the NBA. He can pound the ball a lot to get to his spots and back people down for a while with his thicc backside, and that won't fly in the NBA.

No, but, aside from rebounding, neither is Bradley.
For sure. I’m glad Bradley is gonna get his chance over the next month. But I expect a legitimate upgrade if he doesn’t step up. Olynyk would be an upgrade (not a great rebounder, but I think he’s a good team defender and plays pick-n-pop while moving the ball... those would be huge attributes for us). Frank doesn’t feel like one.

Just remembered another two people Locke had talked about quite a bit in the offseason: Ryan Arcidiacono and Tomas Satoransky, both on the Bulls. Sato is probably not available, especially with the Bulls in 9th place and in the playoff hunt at 13-21. He makes 10mil this year and next, then 5mil guaranteed in 2021-22. Arci makes 3mil this year and next year, then team option in 2021-22. Probably don't need another 6'3" point guard anyway. Sato is around 6'7" but, again, probably not available.

That’s interesting because we waived Jerebko but didn’t take any kind of flyer on him when he was cheap. So they may like him, but they must not like him at $7M as much as they like Niang at $1.5M.
They didn't seriously try to sign him. The Sixers initially got a verbal agreement with him for something like $3 million a year on two or maybe three years before he reneged to go back to Europe, then being brought back to the NBA by the King's "big" offer.

Jazz straight whiffed that one.

They didn't seriously try to sign him. The Sixers initially got a verbal agreement with him for something like $3 million a year on two or maybe three years before he reneged to go back to Europe, then being brought back to the NBA by the King's "big" offer.

Jazz straight whiffed that one.
Yeah, that’s why it’s funny that we hear they’re “interested” in someone they could have easily had.

Yeah, that’s why it’s funny that we hear they’re “interested” in someone they could have easily had.
I guess the thing I forgot to add is that they would've been able to sign him for less than $7 million a year, too. But I guess that figure was waaayyy too high, so they instead pinched their pennies to spend ~$10 million on Exum and $17 million on Favors.