What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

It'd look stupid for us, but I want Crowder back and would certainly move Exum to do it.
giphy.gif

I do have a question for @Handlogten's Heros:

We always hear the DL is "being aggressive." If you don't make phone calls, what exactly is 'aggressive'? Aggressively answering phone calls? Waiting for inevitable TJ report around the deadline that we're "being aggressive," but at the same time also getting messages that making phone calls and, well, doing anything really, isn't our MO.

We always hear the DL is "being aggressive." If you don't make phone calls, what exactly is 'aggressive'? Aggressively answering phone calls? Waiting for inevitable TJ report around the deadline that we're "being aggressive," but at the same time also getting messages that making phone calls and, well, doing anything really, isn't our MO.
I suppose what we'll get is, in some other fancy words, some surrogates saying that "well they didn't really have any assets anyway so it's silly to try" or "with no real trade out there, they didn't want to risk throwing guys under the bus with their name being out there like Ricky, so they took the prudent move of doing nothing."

Being aggressive... for us... so normally we make 0 calls... only receive calls. Around the deadline we get aggressive and make some calls. Aggressive is relative.

I just scanned what I think the trade market could be for point guards... get used to Mudiay, Exum, and maybe NWG... cuz there is nothing out there for us.

Are you ready for this? It worked for Portland.... we sign Jamal Crawford... (ducks and leaves the forum for the day)

I just scanned what I think the trade market could be for point guards... get used to Mudiay, Exum, and maybe NWG... cuz there is nothing out there for us.

Are you ready for this? It worked for Portland.... we sign Jamal Crawford... (ducks and leaves the forum for the day)
I think the only people you have to duck and leave from are the twitter talking heads. Us stupid folk who do nothing besides supply the capital to make this entire enterprise run don't know **** and just need to STFU.

Now that we down to 5 good players... just go full hockey subs and pray the bad 12 minutes a night don't screw us.

Now that we down to 5 good players... just go full hockey subs and pray the bad 12 minutes a night don't screw us.
Or, you know, we could go grab a guy from off the couch like Faried who put up 13/8 last year. But no, it’s gotta be the FO’s idea and it’s gotta be original. That was Morey’s idea last year. Surely can’t copy that. Go find something original, like Niang.

Dragic?

If the Millers gave a **** about the team, they’d open a bar or strip club once a year.

In five to ten years time, we’d have a bevy of free agents knocking down our doors.

Out with a groin injury... tough to make salary work.

When looking at pg/guard options you almost have to look at the minimum guys that teams might be willing to part with for a second. Jevon Carter isn't a regular rotation player when they are fully healthy, Shaq Harrison too, guys like that... then you have to ask - would JZDL trade for one of those guys before saying eff it just have Quin play Exum/Oni/ or Mudiay more? We won't make a deal. Tony Jones has telegraphed our strategy... hope something useful becomes available on the buyout market or stand pat. JZDL has told the receptionist to hold their calls until after the trade deadline.

Miami is in a salary/roster crunch... they'd like to sign Silva to a new deal off his two-way, but are hardcapped because of a sign and trade. Exum for Olynyk saves them a few million this year and next... They have a stretch 5 in Leonard, they have Bam who can do it all, and they have Silva... so maybe... we likely need to give up something else... its in the realm of possibility.

Would be funny to see if Exum can pass the conditioning test in Miami.

Crawford can still put up big numbers whichnis exactly what we need off the bench. Sign him and let's go!