What's new

2020 Playoff Race

mellow

With 24 games remaining the Jazz are in 6th place with a 36-22 record. If the playoffs started today the Jazz would play the LA Clippers.

Jazz remaing schedule difficulty is ranked 18th.

Last season at this time the Jazz were 34-26 and in 6th place.

In 2018 the jazz were 31-31 and in 11th place.

In 2017 the Jazz were 37-22 and in 4th place.

Lol we ain't making no playoffs. This team is ready for summer fun where they don't have to be bothered putting an ounce of effort into anything. I'm happy for them.

Lol we ain't making no playoffs. This team is ready for summer fun where they don't have to be bothered putting an ounce of effort into anything. I'm happy for them.
Too late to miss... but there is a “1 ,2,3 Cancun!” Vibe to us right now.

Playoffs??? We want to talk about playoffs?

can we shoot for being somewhat entertaining and competitive again?

I would be shocked if we go .500 over the remainder of our games. So that would put us at 48-34. I think that keeps us in the playoffs but drops us maybe one more spot depending on. So I think 6th is doable. However if we don't at least somewhat right the ship we have a very really possibility of a heavy losing record over the remainder of our games, and if we do something like 10-14 or 8-16, which both seem very realistic right now, we could potentially be on the outside looking in at something like 44-38 final record, or in 7th or 8th place.

Things don't look good folks.

What are the odds we don't win again the rest of the year or only get 4 to 6 more wins the rest of the way?

40-42 kicks us out of the playoffs for sure.

If we continue to play the way we are now i really hope we miss the playoffs and force managements hand. Season ticket sales are what will dictate a change and making the playoffs will qualify for status quo. A continued collapse will inhibit sales and put the ball in motion. The product they're selling since the all star break is dollar store quality at best.

Playoff games will get me excited no matter what. But looking forward to scratching this season and starting the next with a more cohesively structured team, even if the “potential” isn’t as high.

To be honest I'd much rather stay in 6th than move back up to 4th or 5th. That way we'd avoid the Lakers in the second round (I realize it's unlikely we make it to the second round at this point) and likely avoid Houston in the first round.

What seems to have happened is this: Our 3 point shooting has fallen off quite a bit. Our defense has gone into the tank. We certainly miss Rubio and Favors. Conley has not panned out at all. I am completely flabbergasted that we have lost all these recent home games! Frankly, I'm clueless as to how this has happened! All I know is the changes we made during the off season were pathetically flawed!

Beal is on fire. The recipe for a loss is actually all there, and already half baked.
I should setup a sports gambling account just for purposes of betting on/against the jazz... last night I couldn't believe we were favored... tomorrow the line will be too high and I think its basically a 50/50 game. If I'm going to watch this stuff I should at least make money on it.

Our next 5 games are against the Wizards, Cavs, Knicks, Celtics and Pistons. Even as poorly as we're playing we should be able to win 4 of the 5. I don't think beating 4 of the worst teams in the NBA is going to help us improve or fix any of our issues but it will at least keep us from falling any further in the standings.