What's new

2020 Presidential election

Biden seemed mentally sound in his acceptance speech.
Thing is there were a couple of guys in this thread talking about how Biden always sounds senile and then I asked them where they are song these interviews and neither could give an answer.
Maybe they are just repeating what they are hearing or maybe going to YouTube and searching out Bidens gaffes or something.

I admittedly haven't really ever heard him talk so I don't have any idea if he seems senile or not I just hear everyone saying he is.
He is old as **** however. That is fact.
My dad is about the same age (might even be the exact same age) and is sharp as about anyone so just being old isn't evidence in and of itself.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Thought Biden’s speech was pretty solid. Angry Biden doesn’t do it for me and I don’t find it particularly effective, but his empathy and slower passages are spot on. I’m not a strategist, but he should really highlight this in the debates as I think Americans are ready for someone who gives a damn again.
Yep.
Empathy, compassion, kindness, decency, intelligence and hard worker are right at the top of my list for my preferred president.

I don't want my president to be an angry butthole like trump.

The general election happens on the first Tuesday in November. There may be opportunities to vote early but Nov. 3rd is election day.
So what percentage of the population votes on November 3rd? How many people? Google tells me there is about 210 million adults in America.

Seems way too ambitious to have a possiblity of that many people all voting at the same time. Doesn't seem possible to have enough voting locations and volunteers/staffing for that many people at once.

I think that should definitely change if we want everyone to be able to vote.

I mean what if you are working all day or something?

Last edited:
Thing is there were a couple of guys in this thread talking about how Biden always sounds senile and then I asked them where they are song these interviews and neither could give an answer.
Maybe they are just repeating what they are hearing or maybe going to YouTube and searching out Bidens gaffes or something.

I admittedly haven't really ever heard him talk so I don't have any idea if he seems senile or not I just hear everyone saying he is.
He is old as **** however. That is fact.
My dad is about the same age (might even be the exact same age) and is sharp as about anyone so just being old isn't evidence in and of itself.

Anyone can be made to sound stupid with a sound bite. Put it in true context and it usually means nothing at all.

Yep.
Empathy, compassion, kindness, decency, intelligence and hard worker are right at the top of my list for my preferred president.

I don't want my president to be an angry butthole like trump.

Angry butthole sounds like an adult swim show.

Just got to Bidens speech. A few things.

1. Overall it was decent, I agree kind Grandpa Joe is much better than attacking Joe.
2. He made a lot of promises he has about 0% chance of backing up and that he will for sure not be involved in at all. i,.e. Covid tests that provide immediate results. Creating millions of jobs. Equal pay for women, which as far as I'm concerned has been proven to be a myth.
3. He did a whole lot of talking in circles but that is par for the course in politics so I can't hold it against me.
4. Pretty much everything he said about Kamala is complete and total bull ****. Still think (know) it was a horrendous VP pick.
5. He does seem like a good dude, in the vein of GW Bush. I do worry about him being taken advantage of by those he puts into positions of leadership. Similar to what happened to GW.
6. Did they really put the scum bag Hunter Biden front and center tonight? Really? Are they that stupid? Jesus christ. They should have done everything in their power to keep him away from this campaign.
7. I could tolerate Biden, but I have 0% confidence he will do anything of worth in his 4 years.
8. I agree Trump has to go. But the thought of Biden and Harris being in charge makes me sick.

Last edited:
So what percentage of the population votes on November 3rd? How many people? Google tells me there is about 210 million adults in America.

Seems way too ambitious to have a possiblity of that many people all voting at the same time. Doesn't seem possible to have enough voting locations and volunteers/staffing for that many people at once.

I think that should definitely change if we want everyone to be able to vote.

I mean what if you are working all day or something?

well however many years ago it was almost exclusively everybody votes on election day. Good thing only about half of eligible voters actually show up to vote.

Just got to Bidens speech. A few things.

1. Overall it was decent, I agree kind Grandpa Joe is much better than attacking Joe.
2. He made a lot of promises he has about 0% chance of backing up and that he will for sure not be involved in at all. i,.e. Covid tests that provide immediate results. Creating millions of jobs. Equal pay for women, which as far as I'm concerned has been proven to be a myth.
3. He did a whole lot of talking in circles but that is par for the course in politics so I can't hold it against me.
4. Pretty much everything he said about Kamala is complete and total bull ****. Still think (know) it was a horrendous VP pick.
5. He does seem like a good dude, in the vein of GW Bush. I do worry about him being taken advantage of by those he puts into positions of leadership. Similar to what happened to GW.
6. Did they really put the scum bag Hunter Biden front and center tonight? Really? Are they that stupid? Jesus christ. They should have done everything in their power to keep him away from this campaign.
7. I could tolerate Biden, but I have 0% confidence he will do anything of worth in his 4 years.
8. I agree Trump has to go. But the thought of Biden and Harris being in charge makes me sick.

#3. You won't hold it against you? Gaffes!!!!!

What you get when you vote Democrat:

My God. No president in our history has done hatred more than Trump. And the cruelty has always been the point. Many of his followers love him precisely because he hates the people they hate. And, unlike any previous president, he simply never reaches out to those who did not vote for him, do not support him. Recall General Mattis stated Trump is the first President he has known who has never even tried to reach out to Americans who did not vote for him.

Look at his comments regarding the ongoing California fires. Said Californians might have to pay, no support from his government, because they did not listen to him. What the hell kind of president talks to his own fellow citizens that way? In my life, only Trump would be such an arse, while people lose everything they own. His hatred is off the charts. His former Chief of Staff for the DHS said he demanded aid be cut off in last year’s fires, because Californians did not like him.

His followers feel being a miserable and rotten SOB is a sign of strength!

The letter signed by 70 ex national security officials supporting a Biden:

What you get when you vote Democrat:

These are only words. At the moment. But these are words you will never hear from Donald Trump, the most hate filled president in American history:

“The current president has cloaked American darkness for much too long,” Biden said. “Too much anger. Too much fear, too much division. Here and now I give you my word. If you entrust me with the presidency, I will draw on the best of us, not the worst.”

“This is not a partisan moment,” Biden said. “This must be an American moment. It’s a moment that calls for hope and light and love, hope for our future, light to see our way forward and love for one another.”

I think Biden’s acceptance speech was an effort to make the election a referendum on Trump, and Trump’s character...

25BBDEDB-D14B-4164-A111-57CA11FFDB5B.png

Thought Biden’s speech was pretty solid. Angry Biden doesn’t do it for me and I don’t find it particularly effective, but his empathy and slower passages are spot on. I’m not a strategist, but he should really highlight this in the debates as I think Americans are ready for someone who gives a damn again.
You’re onto something. Plan to see just that. I can guarantee you the campaign has told Kamala to smile her *** off for the same reason. They’re trying to woo with affect.

Im in California so I’ve been exposed to lots of Kamala. I’ve never seen her smile like this before. I’m a little unnerved by it, tbh.

I was drunk. And am stupid. And should be held to a lower standard than the potential POTUS. But it's also true I won't hold it against me.
If it helps you feel any better, drunk or not, your statements around here aren’t held in much regard. The pressure is really OFF, man. Let your hair down.

You’re onto something. Plan to see just that. I can guarantee you the campaign has told Kamala to smile her *** off for the same reason. They’re trying to woo with affect.

Im in California so I’ve been exposed to lots of Kamala. I’ve never seen her smile like this before. I’m a little unnerved by it, tbh.

They're trying to soften her. There's a long history here of a "tough" woman politician being seen as a "bitch."

They're trying to soften her. There's a long history here of a "tough" woman politician being seen as a "bitch."

What are your thoughts on Kamala? Take out the fact she is a minority women making her beyond reproach for some, but what are your thoughts on her record, her policies, her platform, etc ....

For example, talked to a woman today who really likes her but all she could point out is apparently Kamala supports planned parenthood, which is good, but that's about all she could give me as to why she liked her.

Last edited:

My guess is both himself and Kamala will be the 'light' as they were to put it. Aggressive on how dangerous this president is, but also a beacon to something better.

I really don't think the pond of undecideds is very deep - it's really a matter of who gets out to vote. I'm filling out my mail-in ballot and dropping it off at the city hall box Day 1 - no room for messing around this year tossing it on the counter, leaving it in a pile, etc. Straight to a secure location you go.

What are your thoughts on Kamala? Take out the fact she is a minority women making her beyond reproach for some, but what are your thoughts on her record, her policies, her platform, etc ....

For example, talked to a woman today who really likes her but all she could point out is apparently Kamala supports planned parenthood, which is good, but that's about all she could give me as to why she liked her.
Just because she has Afro-Caribbean and Indian roots doesn’t mean she’s more than one woman.

Gaffes!!!